19. Reverie

.

.

.

𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝒀𝒆𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

~

𝗞evin was raging through his bones, rage coursing through his veins settling every muscle on fire. Kevin's irate presence filled their room with palpable menace. Rosalia all worried and pale could read his anger weighing down her heavy heart.

The sight of abortion pills hidden in Rosalia's medicine box ignited a storm of frustration inside him, a mix of betrayal and helplessness that he could not contain and swept everything within his reach off the surface in an attempt to pacify his anger.

Rose, her eyes were filled with trepidation yet fixed on him. Beneath all her fear, there lay a deep, twisted dependence and an unspoken yearning for assurance and safety. Despite everything, Kevin was the only person who cared about her pregnancy more than herself and that seemed to be closing in on her. Exhausted and desperate, Rose felt her legs move before her mind had fully decided. She quietly closed the fretful distance between them and wrapped her arms around his stern frame, her head pressed against his hard chest, drops of tears spilled down her face soaking his shirt. Her body shivered with fear and exhaustion, her every sob was a plea for understanding that she knew, she could not vocalise.

Kevin's body stiffened at the unexpected embrace, his rage was still shimmering through his expressions. But as he felt her warm tears against his skin, something inside of him shifted right then. At that very moment, a portion of his anger started to melt away replaced by an overwhelming need to comfort her. He recalled around this time Rose went through the miscarriage, the pain and loss they both endured and how he failed to protect her from that misery.

He grasped that Rosalia was not thinking clearly, that trauma must have clouded her wary mind restricting her from thinking straight. He took his time before his arms slowly but securely encircled her, pulling her closer in a tight, comforting barrier. He could feel her body shivering and her desperate clinging, it was so unlike her. Unknowingly, his heart ached for her. He placed a tender kiss on the top of her head and gently rubbed her back cradling her body.

"Shh, baby" He soothed her in a deep voice, "It's alright. I'm here." He murmured lowly.

Rosalia's sobs began to quiet as she felt his embrace becoming soft around her, bringing her to the bed he made her sit. Kevin needed some time of solitude to reign in his anger and clear his head. He assumed staying by her side might end up worsening the situation that he intended to avoid.

Before he could leave her side, Rose clutched his hand not wanting to be left alone with miserable thoughts even though she was still surrounded by the remnants of anger and fear. The room that was supposed to be a battleground of misunderstandings astonishingly became a safe space of unspoken promises and fragile peace.

The next morning Kevin was adjusting the fit of his shirt when he noticed Rosalia all dolled up standing before him.

"I am coming with you," She insisted upright, with her doe-like eyes demanding him to take her along. Kevin chuckled looking at her while picking up the blazer in his hand.