Chapter- 5

Ruhi was sitting in her cabin surrounded by a pile of documents. The meeting with Mr. Martin's his counsel was supposed to take place within a few minutes, but her legal counsel was nowhere to be seen. Her Dada assured her that he was sending someone he trusted, but when she asked whom, he didn't reply. She trusted her brother to do the right thing, but the situation was taking a toll on her. It had been a year or so since she had opened ARRYA, and never once had she faced such an issue as she was facing now in her company.

Just that morning, her Finance department team informed her about the missing 100 crores from her company. Where? How? What happened? No one had an answer to her questions. She had blasted everyone for being so careless, as they had misplaced the financial reports along with the data on the screens too.

Ruhi looked up as the door of her cabin opened, and Shreya walked in, "Ma'am, Mr. Matin's legal counselor is here."

Ruhi took a deep breath and nodded, "Send him in."

Shreya nodded and left. Ruhi picked up her phone and dialed her Dada; however, the call didn't go through. As she was about to call again, Shreya entered back with a man in his late thirties. Ruhi kept her phone aside and looked at the man.

"Hello, Miss Khanna," The man greeted, extending his hand.

Ruhi shook hands with him, "Hello, Mr...?"

"D'Cruz, legal counsel of Martin Industries."

Ruhi nodded, "Please have a seat, Mr. D'Cruz."

D'Cruz, "Miss Khanna, may I know where your company's legal counsel is? As per the prior notice, we are supposed to discuss the fault on your side."

Ruhi clenched her fist under the desk. The tone he took was harsh and rough. She was ready to give him a good comeback, but when the fault lies at their feet, she couldn't do anything except endure it.

As she opened her mouth to speak, her attention got diverted towards the door of her cabin, which opened. She stood up as Prem entered along with his secretary.

Ruhi walked towards him, confused, "Aap?"

Prem nodded and looked back at the man sitting in his daughter's cabin, looking at him.

"Is he the one jiske contract mein problem hui hai...Mr. Martin?" Prem asked Ruhi in a low voice.

Ruhi shook her head, "Unke legal counselor hain, but Aapko kaise pata?"

"Rudra," Prem said and moved towards the client.

Ruhi sighed. Her Dada and his tricks, why wasn't she used to them?

"Good Morning, gentleman. Sorry to keep you waiting. Myself Premraj Khanna, Miss. Khanna's legal counselor," Prem greeted, shaking hands with the two of them.

Ruhi cringed inwardly. The way her father addressed her... like it was too professional for her to disgust. Shaking off her thoughts, she moved towards them.

Ruhi held her father's hand, guiding him towards her chair and pulling it back for him. She didn't like seeing her father sitting on an employee chair.

Prem sat down reluctantly. His heart warmed at the small gesture his daughter did for him. When Rudra asked for his help, he was not sure if his daughter would be happy with him visiting her office, especially to help her without her consent. However, the determination to win his daughter's trust and love back forced him to do the right thing. This small gesture from Ruhi was like a ray of hope for him!

D'Curz cleared his throat, regaining their attention. "Good morning, Mr. Khanna. I am here on behalf of my client, Mr. Martin. As you know, we need to discuss the issue regarding the incomplete and damaged consignment  that was delivered by ARRYA Industries. What is your perspective on this matter?"