𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙨

(Warnings: Mentions of war, grusome-ish descriptions)

⋆˚✿˖°ONESHOT NO PLOT⋆˚✿˖°

How long were they standing there?

How long had they been there for?

The sounds of the waves gushing against the shore, sound akin to the tiniest pieces of glass crashing against the soft surface beneath them. The blue waters stretched out for miles, as if endlessly. The gentle push and pull of the ocean tugged at their feet, likely so tumultuous thanks to the moon being almost full that night.

Neither of them spoke a word, too entranced by the sight before them. The only thing bringing them back to reality was the gentle touch of the water, the times it was strong enough to reach their feet and gently graze their lower extremities.

The sounds of seagulls could be heard in the distance. The sun was beginning to set behind them. They'd have to return back to the others soon, before nightfall reached them. 

It was too dangerous to be out after dark.

It was too pretty of a sight.

How could something so beautiful exist in this world, when all these two had ever known was the disgusting and gruesome parts of it?

The elder looked at the younger briefly. How had it already been 5 years since they had met?

No, it's not like they even had a choice. Their destinies had forced it upon them. But even at that, the word "destiny" was too pretty of a word to describe it, when it was anything but. The horrid circumstances in which their meeting occurred.

They needed each other for their own survival against this so-called war. But it even wasn't that. It was an absolute massacre, with the Gods obviously favoring one side over the other.

Even now, they stumbled upon the beach for the first time since the war started, with their weapons strapped to their backs and waists. Sure, it might be careless of them to be out in the open like that.

But how can they resist it when they forget that beautiful things like this can exist too? That the world can also be a beautiful place for them, too?

But the elder can't forget the beauty of the boy beside him either. How he had always been there for the elder in times of distress. When his family was murdered right in front of him, the younger quickly grabbed for the elder's hand and rushed him away from the scene before the elder got killed himself.

In many times of them being together, the younger was truly someone he could rely on. At times, he even felt like he was equal in age to the elder. They mutually supported and protected each other.

For endless amounts of times and nights, they only had each other. They found solace within one another. It was them against the world.

It was no surprise to the elder when he started realizing he held stronger feelings than just a friend or brother for the younger. No, it was much more than that.

And in this fucked up world, it had only spelled out trouble. They could use it against the two boys. It might have been seen as a weakness.

But how could the elder refuse the younger, when the younger looked at him with those kind and loving eyes? When his bottom lip quivered that night he confessed his feelings for the elder. He remembers it clearly.