Night meet up

In Phoenix city, the moonlight gently blanketed over the sleepy city. Though even on peaceful nights like this, danger and trouble grows in the shadows. Jin knew this personally. Despite the city having their very own personal superhero it seems he cannot stop every single crime in the city. Ironically, contrary to his name, Knightwatch mainly operates in the daytime. Even so, this only allows crime to find a work around to the super guardian. Now major corporations like Walmart are hardly affected by such issues. But smaller home run markets like the one run  by the sweet Korean mother, with a young daughter, or local family coffee shops are not so lucky. One coffee shop, named Allegory, sat between two apartment complexes, tucked just underneath their shadows. The high buildings and secluded dark streets makes it the perfect place for unsavory activity to grow.

Jin was one of these people who knew that well. But he was no criminal, he was no superhero either, He was just a student from the nearby highschool. Currently, he was staying at one of the dorms for summer school. From his window, he had witnessed several of these attacks while he tried to hide behind the windows' curtains. He had reported it to the local authorities, but the cops have done little to remedy the problem.

So every so often, a group of hoodlums armed with their bats. and metal pipes will scare their way into the little store. So happens, tonight was one of their raids. However, this night will be different. Jin was a bit of a tinkerer and he did not want to stand idly by anymore. Now he is no fool, he has no big ideas, he can or should take on five people alone, nor does he plan to. Instead, his plan was to use a modified smart phone to take a photo image of the perpetrators that would reveal their face, and their vehicle's license plates. There the authorities should be able to handle the rest.

Within his room, he stared intently at the window at the annoyance of his roommate and friend.

"Jin what are you doing? We have exams tomorrow."

"I am scoping," Jin replied dryly.

"....Whhhhhy?" His roommate asked.

"You know the coffee shop Allegory? I noticed it was being targeted a few days back."

"What does that have to do with you?"

"Don't withhold good when it is in your power to act." Jin stated.

"Ok. But shouldn't you let the authorities handle it? Or that Knightwatcher person?"

"Knightwatch only works during the day and the cops need more proof to stop them once and for all."

"Seriously? But his name is night something."

"Yeah. I think he didn't really put too much thought on his superhero name. Wait. They're here."

"Ok fine, call the cops."

"No, I need a better angle. You cover me and call them, I am getting a closer look." Jin said, already heading out the door, leaving his poor roommate alone and confused.

Sitting on his chair the roommate looked at the door blankly as he began to process Jin's words. .

"But I don't want to cover for you," the roommate sulked a bit.

Running down the flight of stairs Jin reached where the thugs were gathering. There were three of them, all big, wearing heavy jackets and masks.

Good thing, I wore a jacket and gloves. Hope these poppers work if things get messy. But I think I can take a picture without them noticing me. Working quickly Jin gathered the information that he needed as discreetly as possible. It took him a few seconds, but he was finished. Ok. Easy peasy. Just had to leave before-