One Shot

In the past, Haibara found herself angry and envious on Mother's Day, for whenever she was given the chance to the leave the labs as Sherry and walk out into the world, she'd see children celebrating Mother's Day with their own mothers, and that would always make her feel those feelings deep down.

But after turning to the good side, she found herself feeling happy and relieved, that some people still have their mothers to celebrate this day. And if Conan was right about what he said (after she nearly strangled him to get the truth from him about why Masumi was snooping around her), then her aunt was here.

And she was supposed to be a mother figure, right? But she wasn't sure if she should get her a gift, especially since she didn't exactly help her or her family, and left her for the BO. And she didn't try to contact.

As much as Haibara cared about Agasa and saw him as a father figure, she believed he might not be helpful. So the day before Mother's Day, She decided to ask the most suitable person.

"Ran-neechan, what are you gonna get your mother?", Ayumi asked curiously.

"I wonder what Sonoko-san will get to!", Mitsuhiko added.

"And Sera-san too!", Genta added.

Ran blinked a few times at the kids before smiling slightly, "You guys have no idea what to get your mothers so you're trying to get ideas from others, right?".

The kids laughed sheepishly, confirming Ran's thoughts.

Conan rolled his eyes at the kids before he looked at the text he received from his paternal cousin, Kuroba Kaito.

"I'll just get her flowers... that's the best thing she deserves for spending most time in Vegas... but I'm thinking of something big with Aoko for her mother...".

Conan could understand why Kaito was bitter towards his mother, because the woman had moved him away from Beika after his father's death, and now she's been leaving him to live alone for a long time. He personally felt the same towards his parents, but at least they were trying unlike Kaito's mom.

"I guess I'll bring Kaasan something more than flowers since she's actually trying...", Conan had texted back.

Haibara on the other hand, was sitting silently next to Conan on the couch, as she watched Ran chatting with the kids while she sat on the floor, and they stood around her.

"I think Sonoko will buy her mother an expensive perfume, and Sera actually doesn't know what to get her mother....", Ran shrugged, "But I decided on buying my mother a box chocolate with some flowers, she likes it simple.".

"Come on kids, you still have homework to do, we can discuss that later.", Agasa reminded them from where he sat across Conan and Haibara, earning a groan from the three children.

And Haibara took her chance.
"Mouri-san, can you help me solve my homework?", Haibara asked calmly making everyone look at her bewildered.

"Since when do you need....", Conan trailed off once Haibara gave him one of her death glares, making him and anyone else wanting to ask shut up.

Haibara had brought Ran to sit on the table away from the kids and Agasa, and Ran immediately asked once they were away.

~•~•~•~

"What's wrong Ai-chan?".

"What do you mean?", Haibara asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I know you don't actually need help in homework, you're very smart. So something else must be bothering you and you want to ask me.", Ran said with a warm smile.