Prologue

The flowers were placed in pots, precisely planted (in bulk) weeks in advance to get the perfect white chrysanthemums for the day. These pots hung from the swooped-over lamp posts with charming rope tied around the curved metal poles for a picture perfect display.

The stage was at the end of the street, assembled days before and the finishing touches ( including the curtain rim being painted shades of blue, yellowy orange and hints of white) had been perfected that morning. It dazzled enough to have people dawdle past to get a glimpse. Every last wooden step of the stairs glistened from a near constant cleaning.

On the smooth stage there was a table, on the table there was a box. This box had four walls and a ceiling made out of smashed stained glass, rearranged to become a beautiful mosaic. With patterns of twirls and swirls using blue and yellow and orange colours, it was truly a site. Yet the colours were see-through enough to glance inside and peek at the prestigious award within. You'd finally understand a cat's curiosity towards a piece of wool as you eyes chose to fascinate your brain with the colourfully clear cube.

This box also had a base, which consisted (on the inside) of a black, cushiony, soft, velvet, miniature pillow, this particular pillowy clay had been molded and modified for a slim cylinder hole to be in the centre to fit a slim cylinder object. The outside of this display case had a golden rim (as scintillating as the recipient's clever wit) delicately carved around the base. To make this trim, the first architect developed atelophobia after constantly being yelled at the same phrase; " Michelangelo could do this over 4 centuries ago in 20 days with old technology! Why can't you?" The short man in his mayoral uniform wanted to be known as a history lover, but he wasn't. Which was awkward when the second architect told him that it actually took Michelangelo 20 years and not 20 days to paint, not sculpt the Sistine Chapel. The third architect finished the job within the hour and got a flight back to Italy as soon as he could.

The golden rim displayed a story, the story of the battle that was the reason why " The Hero of Brasilia" was getting an exorbitant medal that afternoon. This idea was inspired by the work about the battle of Hastings, the bayeux tapestry to be exact. See, "The new role-model for the next generation" was indeed a history enthusiast, meaning he was the first the defend old and crumbling buildings with cultural and historical significance. This teenager would hold fundraisers to restore these buildings and protect them from being reduced to ashes like the bones of the people who built them.

Back to the short man, who in actuality wasn't that short, he just appeared to be compared to the other workers who averaged out at nearly six feet, one inch compared to his five foot, six inches. That man, who was actually mayor believe it or not was well spoken on most televised occasions. The mayor especially was one for style and fashion and even practicality, his silver suits were sewn specifically for the occasion (that if he needed to) he could kick the courage and cahonies out of someone with a punch to the nose and a boot to the stomach.

Now, if you looked at the way the mayor talked about him, you'd be under the impression that the mayor is fond of the nineteen year old. You'd get this from the newspaper articles asking about his opinion on "new superheroes of the era" and the Mayor's charismatically kind response, to the interviews online were the mayor would compliment the work and achievements of his charity and the B.H.P.C (Brazil Historic Preservation Centre). Even from public quotes the mayor always gave something positively accurate about the young man.

Now, if you looked at the way the mayor ACTED regarding the hero, you'd be under impression that the mayor originally fondness from first impressions was a MASSIVE understatement . You'd get this from the fact the mayor payed off his school and college loans, bought a floor of apartments in centre of Brasilia for him ( and his friends and family)under the alias of him being needed close incase of attack. The mayor gave funding for his B.H.P.C building, and has him in his office once a week for official business with coffee and lunch after in the best cafe in the capital etc. etc. Finally as well, the whole award presentation he organised with real gold for the medal and a budget higher than his pride. Plus how the mayor lingered nearly all morning at the ceremony location , pressuring everyone for the final decorations of bows on the back of chairs in long rows, and poles sectioning off areas with photographers framing the shot for the official event pictures on the next days news at nine.

From his actions and his words, the mayor liked this new celebrity and wanted this day to be perfect just for him. Unluckily, this was the day that despite how hard he tried and how much effort he put in, this Brazilian boy would despise it for the rest of his life. Because on the 17th of February, Aidan Alves would be last seen on the way back from his favourite cafe "Pãozinho" on a central street in Plano Piloto, before disappearing indefinitely.