𝟐𝟑| 𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖛𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖙

trigger warning ⚠️; detailed violence against a pregnant woman, strong language, implied rape, a guy with lots of issues.

WITH A BIG SMILE, Sawyer walked beside Happy, Baxter on Happy's other side on the leash, always holding his hand as he was told

WITH A BIG SMILE, Sawyer walked beside Happy, Baxter on Happy's other side on the leash, always holding his hand as he was told. As unexpected as it was, Happy had become the parent who worried about little things much faster than Tessa, which led to his Old Lady teasing him every now and then when he was fully overreacting over something small.

He didn't know why he was so cautious when it came to Sawyer. Maybe he would loosen up and relax again once Cal was out of the way. But for now, Sawyer and Tessa's safety was the most important thing to him.

"Daddy, can we buy something for the baby?" With an excited glint in his eyes, the five-year-old looked up, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose a little as they slipped. "We can buy her plushies. One, or twoᅳ or lots of them!"

"The baby isn't even here yet, buddy." Happy's amused yet warm gaze fell on the boy, who just hummed and shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, we can take a look, see what they have."

"Really?!" Sawyer exclaimed excitedly, which sounded more like a squeak. "Thanks, Daddy!"

Happy just chuckled, squeezing his son's hand. "You're going to be a great big brother, you know that?"

"Of course I will be", Sawyer agreed as he jumped from one slab to the next. "When she cries, I cuddle her or sing to her, and when she wants to play, I do that with her", he explained eagerly before scrunching up his little nose. "But I won't change her diapers."

A gruff laugh rattled through Happy's chest at Sawyer's last words. "Don't worry, Mommy and I will take care of that. But buddy", he stopped to crouch down while turning Sawyer around a little to get his attention. "We don't even know if it's a girl yet."

"I know that", Sawyer chirped with a sheepish smile. "I'll love the baby even if it's a boy. But I just think it's going to be a girl."

"Well, as long as you're happy about both", the SAA grunted contentedly, a smile tugging at his lips as he saw once again how excited Sawyer was to get a sibling. "You're definitely the first to find out what it's going to be."

"I like that", the boy said with a quick nod, feeling quite proud that he would be the first to find out. "Can I have ice cream when we've picked something for the baby?"

"You're just like your mother", Happy grumbled, followed by a chuckle. Apparently ice cream was a big hit in the Laney family. "Fine by me, but then we should get going, we wanted to pick up Mommy later."

Today had been Happy's turn to pick up Sawyer because Tessa had to postpone her lunch break, so the Killer had decided to just spend the remaining hours in town with Sawyer before they picked up Tessa, maybe buy him a few new thingsᅳ instead, it seemed more important to Sawyer to buy something for the baby, which even made the famous 'Tacoma Killer's' heart swell.