Midnight Love Story

The clock struck midnight and Kaz sighed. She slipped her phone out of her pocket and dialed Matt's number.

"Hello!" He said, sounding very awake.

Kaz smiled sadly.

"Merry Christmas, Matt. I miss you so much."

"Open your door." He replied mysteriously and she could hear the smile in his voice.

"Okay." She said and slid off her bed and to the front door. He stood there, on the doorstep, bow tie and all.

He lowered his phone when he saw her and smiled widely. "Hello, Kaz. Merry Christmas."

Kazza threw her arms around him. "Matt! It's been so long!"

He returned her hug and released her, still smiling and did something unexpected. He kissed her.

His lips were warm on hers, warmer than she'd expected. She kissed him back, hard, harder than she'd ever kissed anyone before. She closed her eyes and sank into his welcome embrace.

"Matt," she breathed when they finally broke apart. "That was, that was." She was at a loss for words.

"I know, I know." He said, staring at the ground. "I overstepped, I'm sorry."

"No, Matt. You didn't." Kazza could think of no other way to prove it to him so she leaned forward and kissed him again.

This kiss was different. It was full of want and need and desire. His hands raked through her shoulder length red hair and hers danced through his quiff.

"I, I think I love you, Matt." Kaz gasped when they finally broke apart.

"You think?" He said. It wasn't a question.

"I know." She sighed and kissed him again, knowing that it could very well be the last time.