♡ Chapter 59 - Breakup? ♡

"Or I may die today!" She completed her sentence, breaking his last chord of patience and crossing the limit.

The words Annika had uttered reverberated in his mind. His arms clamped on his ears but even that didn't block her sentence. Those words sent waves of panic through him. His body shook with a single shudder, his eyes widened in terror, filled with a fear so deep that it cut through her anger like a knife. It made the cloud of rage in her lift up, that rage and anger is now replaced by a sudden wave of regret and fear.

Her eyes widened when she saw how his legs were becoming weak and unsteady. When he was about to stumble back, she reached out and held him, making him balanced.

Annika's heart raced as she held Shivaay steady. She could feel his body trembling against hers, his breaths ragged and shallow.

"Hey, shh... Calm down," she urged softly with concern, rubbing his back. Her eyes pleaded with him to calm down.

"Why?!" he shouted in a breaking voice, looking at her with the same fearful expression. Her guilt and regret intensified, seeing the intensity of fear in his eyes. Slowly, she saw how his expressions were changing; The veins in his neck stood out, his face flushing slowly with rage. She placed her palm on his cheek and caressed it softly, trying to calm his nerves.

"Don't touch me," he shouted, his voice laced with rage, and released her hold harshly, yet carefully, so as not to hurt her physically. She looked at him with worried frown.

"Not after saying something like that," he continued and took a few steps back from her. Annika stared into his eyes with guilt because she knew she had crossed the line in her anger. She had hurt him in her anger.

"I..." she began, but before she could utter another word, Shivaay interjected.

"You what?! How dare you!" he roared, with uncontrollable anger. He stormed towards Annika, who was already pressed against the wall, and staring at him with regret . The raw fear in his eyes was scaring her.

"I said, how dare you utter those words?!" he increased his pitch, making Annika feel goosebumps on her arms and scaring something deep within her. No! She wasn't scared because of his anger, but because of the intensity of fear in his eyes. They were bloodshot, tears streaming down his face because of the emotions her words stirred. Annika raised her hand to wipe them, but Shivaay took a step back, giving her a warning look.

Their eyes locked in a fierce battle of emotions. His eyes burned hot with anger, mixed with underlying fear pulsating through him, while Annika's eyes reflected regret, guilt, anger, and a storm of fear she never knew existed within her before.

In a desperate attempt to control his building anger, Shivaay's hand shot up, aiming to punch the wall beside her. Annika's eyes widened at that. Sensing his intention, she quickly moved her hand to intercept. With her fingers slightly curled and palm facing outward, she created a small gap between her hand and the wall. When Shivaay's fist came towards the wall, it struck her palm, but the angle and her quick reflexes absorbed the impact without causing harm to her and him.

 When Shivaay's fist came towards the wall, it struck her palm, but the angle and her quick reflexes absorbed the impact without causing harm to her and him