Chapter- 6

The next morning, Ruhi made her way towards the kitchen, not finding Rudra in his room. Last night, she was too guilty to approach her Dada, and her guilt didn't lessen even an ounce.

When someone loves you unconditionally, giving you everything before you ask, or when someone understands you better without you using your words, when you hurt that person, it's just the start where seed of guilt starts to sow. And with her, it was happening just like that. There was an ongoing war between her heart and mind. She was scared of losing someone who meant the world to her, who was precious to her. It was unfair to doubt on someone' love like that. But yet again, her brain called out for precautions, while her heart asked to embrace the man who held her every time she faltered. To cry her heart out in his warmth and feel the peace that her soul was yearning for the past six years, but in the end she was scared!

As she entered the kitchen, she stopped upon seeing Rudra ready to leave. For a second, their eyes met. Rudra waited for her to make a move, while Ruhi was too scared to face rejection. Rudra waited for her to say something or at least stop him, while Ruhi stood there rigid, as words died down in her throat. As she lowered her gaze, Rudra turned and walked away.

One thing, just one question, bugged him like anything from the past night: Where did he go wrong? Was he wrong in choosing his younger brother over his sister? What he did was to save Ayaan from feeling the hurt that he, his twin, and his sister felt. The pain of betrayal! Which came from their own parents. Even though the truth was out today, it still felt like things were the same. His child was there with him but still wasn't. The child he raised, who used to run to his embrace with every problem of hers, changed today. The irony was that somewhere he was responsible for pushing his sister away.

Maybe the love he showered her with was not enough, maybe the words he gave her a number of times were not enough. Maybe every time he said to her that she was 'HIS CHILD' was not enough! In the end, it was on him that Ruhi was not comfortable enough to share her pain, her hurt, her troubles, her fears, her problems with him. When he thought nothing changed within the past six years, his heart ached at the realization that he has lost the most important part of his soul... his Ru! He realized he has lost his child and no matter what, he won't get her back. The feeling filled him with emotions he never wanted to feel.

As the car came to a stop, Anika opened the car door and hopped in, closing it behind her. She looked at Rudra, who had just texted her that he wanted to meet her. She asked him to come to the hospital directly.

"Aap theek hai, Rudra?" Anika asked gently, placing her hand on his.

Rudra, who was staring straight ahead lost in his thoughts, looked at her. Anika gasped and immediately embraced him. The raw, naked pain along with the unshed tears pinched her heart deeply.

Rudra Khanna was the strongest man she had ever seen. However, like everyone, he too had a side that was for few to see - his vulnerability. And now, the way his body wracked with sobs in her arms made her realize the pain he was holding onto. The man he hated just because he had hurt his sister was nowhere to be found guilty. In a way, Premraj Khanna was just protecting his children, but no matter what, his children still paid the price in the end. All his kids were hurt and suffering.

While Rudra found solace in her arms, Abhay was a whole different story, as was Ruhi. Both of them needed Rudra. He was their anchor and a true solace to their lost minds!

🌈🌈🌈

Abhay was in his office, about to step into the Record Room to record when the door of the studio opened. Ruhi froze as all eyes snapped towards her, causing her to step back awkwardly. Today, her brother was about to record for a foreign label album. She should have thought about it or at least informed him before coming there. The fact that her Dada walked away and she couldn't muster up the courage to stop him or go after him broke her heart. They weren't strangers, but they were still behaving like one. She was behaving like one!