"Don't stop, oh! God!"

Someone had been in my room. If it was my mates I wouldn't be freaking out but this wasn't them.
There was the distinct scent of fire magic in the air.

I scrambled to my floorboards where I'd hid my saved-up money and memories. They were untouched I breathed a sigh of relief. It didn't completely release the anxiety of knowing someone had trashed my room. For what?.

My books were misplaced. Clothes a mess. Whoever it was they wanted me to know they came into my private place. It was a cat of warning, a threat. I was supposed to be scared so like any other girl I feel scared but also angry. The audacity to unnerve me. Don't they know who I am? Of course, they don't my power doesn't appreciate it being disrespected. Neither do I.  My ego is bruised.

The camera I had placed in my room was smashed beyond repair. This is too much for me to figure out at once. I attempted to access the file but whoever did this job did it well. They messed with the footage leaving a black and grey screen.

My power after sex with Jackson was desperate to come out, she felt like she could handle this. Threatening her was asking for this entire city to burn down.
They attacked me and left me with a beast to placate.

Even though Jackson had acted like we hadn't fucked so I did the same but the way my power was settled and recharged was tell it had to have happened.

Jackson had pulled her out but I had been so caught up in the moment and so had he that he never felt her which was a relief because she'd left after I'd pushed her once.
Sometimes we could get along. Sometimes.

I stepped under the hot water, washing away his scent made her anxious but I needed to wash away the mud and such.
Exhaustion hit me like a truck. I needed to eat and sleep for a year.

Classes had been long especially when all I wanted was my bed and a shower.
I'd make a trip to the cafeteria for food. Nothing could keep me from food. Not even Cassandra and her girls. They weren't so bad, to be honest, it felt like we had a friendship except it was about bitching at one another.

An hour later I pulled on a hoodie and sweatpants and headed to the cafeteria.
Instantly I groaned at the sight of Cassandra. There she was my nightmare.

Cassandra had met one of her mates recently and was still in the honeymoon phase where she couldn't stop showing off. For a girl with a heck of an attitude, she was short as fuck.
When she saw me Cassandra paused her chatter and smiled. I grimaced in reply and met her halfway.

"I do love our little chats Cassandra but please move the fuck out my way, there's food to eat"
Her smile didn't falter just grew wider.
"You and food Lana," she said in mock awe "Were you starved as a child"
"Actually, yes I was I ate beatings for breakfast, lunch and dinner so move"
"Really how unfortunate, that does explain a lot" She put her hand on her hip. Blond hair curled to perfection she wouldn't last a second against my power. That reminder always calms me down.

"Cassie be a dear and get a life" I pouted stepping so close I had to look down at her using my height to an advantage. Gah, I loved using my height against her petite form. Honestly, we were the same weight I was just more toned because I was obsessed with getting strength training in.  
"Before I eat you out of desperation, I Am uncivilised after all" She smiles a little though it's supposed to be a scowl I see the twitch in her lips.

Storming past her I avoid touching her as I join the line.
Of course, because I had to meet all my enemies at once I felt my mates somewhere in the cafeteria.

Once my plate was full enough to feed me and perhaps another human I headed to my usual table. Digging right into the chicken legs. Juicy and tender exactly How I like my meat. The academy was rubbish In multiple ways but the food they served was the best thing about it. Sometimes when I feel like giving up I remember the food and stay solely for it.