1

Today is the 5th anniversary of my and my boyfriend's relationship and I am looking forward to spending it with him even though our relationship hasn't been that great the last year I would still like to celebrate cause I'm sure we can get over this bump in our relationship. 

I twisted the key in the lock and the apartment was eerily quiet, an unusual stillness hanging in the air. Normally when I get home from the studio I hear Jaxson playing his video games since he was laid off a year ago all he does is play video games all day despite I keep asking him to find a new job.

As I stepped inside, a strange noise caught my attention. It was soft, barely audible—a murmur of voices and moans from our bedroom.

My heart pounded in my chest as I approached the slightly ajar door. I pushed it open, and my world shattered. There, tangled in the sheets, were Jasxon and my best friend, Dani, the shock of the scene hit me like a punch, rendering me momentarily speechless.

"What the hell is this?" My voice, though shaky, sliced through the silence like a knife. They scrambled apart, eyes wide with guilt and surprise.

"Stella, it's not what it looks like," Jake stammered, fumbling for words.

"Really?" I couldn't keep the sarcasm and disbelief out of my voice. "Because it looks exactly like what it is. You, my boyfriend fucking," I pointed a trembling finger at Dani, "my best friend, in our bed together."

Dani's face flushed a deep red. "Stella, I—"

"Save it." My voice was cold, final. "Both of you, get out. Now."

"But Stella—" he began, but I cut him off.

"I said, get out!" My voice rose to a shout, a mix of anger and heartbreak.

They quickly gathered their clothes, their faces pale and stricken. As they dressed hurriedly, I stood by the door, arms crossed, my eyes burning with unshed tears. The silence in the room was suffocating, the weight of betrayal pressing down on my chest.

Once they were dressed, Jax tried once more. "Stella, can we talk about this?"

"No, Jax. We're done. There's nothing more to say. I'll put the apartment in your name so you can pay for it 'cause I won't be staying here anymore" My voice was steady, but inside, I felt like I was crumbling, it hurt even if I had clocked out of this relationship months ago.

He wouldn't have sex with me but willingly does with my best friend, ex best friend?!

Dani looked at me, tears streaming down her face. "Stella, I'm so sorry."

"Save your apologies. Just go." My words were sharp, each one a dagger.

As they walked out of the apartment, I closed the door behind them and leaned against it, the tears finally spilling over. I slid down to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest, my body shaking with sobs. The room seemed to close in on me, the walls echoing with the betrayal I had just witnessed.

After what felt like an eternity, I wiped my tears and stood up. I needed to get out of this place, away from the memories and the pain. I needed to go home.

I grabbed my phone and called my parents. My mother answered on the second ring. "Hi, Mom."

"Stella? What's wrong?" My mother's voice was immediately concerned.

"Can I come home for a while?" My voice cracked, and I hated how vulnerable I sounded.

"Of course, sweetheart. Come home. We'll be here waiting for you."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Thanks, Mom. I'll be there soon."

I hung up and looked around the apartment. I needed to pack, but first, I needed to clear my head. I grabbed a suitcase from the closet and started throwing in clothes, not bothering to fold them neatly. The act of packing was mechanical, a distraction from the whirlwind of emotions raging inside me.

Once I had packed my essentials, I took a deep breath and looked around the apartment one last time. This place had been my home, the place where I had built a life with Jaxson. But now, it was just a shell, a reminder of what I had lost.

I grabbed my suitcase and walked out the door, not bothering to look back. I had a long drive ahead of me, a journey back to the safety and comfort of my parents' home. As I walked to my car, I felt a strange mix of sadness for what I had lost.

As I drove, I let the tears flow freely, cleansing me of the pain and betrayal. I was leaving behind the lies and deceit, moving toward a place where I could heal and find myself again. And as the miles passed, I felt a sense of strength growing within me. I was stronger than I had realized, and I would get through this. One day at a time.