Chapter 1 - Yumenosaki Private Academy

The morning was a quiet one, with only the sound of cicadas chirping. Not a soul was stirring in the bright early hours, as the sun's rays started to bathe the gated grounds of Yumenosaki Private Academy in a red-golden light. The campus was massive with green grass and stone paths leading to and from the school. Upon entering the gate, two large buildings could be seen within the walls surrounding the facility, one of which was definitely the school, the other which stood not too far from the former, which looked like an apartment complex, probably dorms. More structures rested behind them, those of which were club buildings.

A young girl with long brown hair and white-gray highlights was walking towards the gated grounds. She was dressed in a blue blazer, gray plaid, pleated skirt, and brown shoes, with dark gray knee high socks. As she entered the gates, her school bag on her shoulder, she spotted a few other students inside chatting in groups, all of whom were boys, whose uniform was the same as hers except for the male version had gray plaid slacks. She silently made her way to the building and entered.

The interior was white and impossibly clean, as if no one even touched the building before she had entered. Very different from the school she went to previously. She put her shoes in a locker and slipped on the indoor shoes that were inside. Her expression showed nothing, but she was amazed by how different this school looked from what she was used to.

"Where is the office?" she thought to herself, looking at the door signs. "A-2...B-2...wait...what's that noise?!" She turned towards one of the second story classrooms, under the sign "B-2", hearing sounds of music and singing coming from it. She pushed open the door slowly, and peeked in.

A group of four boys were singing in front of a classroom of empty seats and desks, all of which had been shoved together in a jumbled mess. The boys all were wearing the same uniform with slight differences of a couple of them wore sweaters under the blazers.

As the boys finished their song, one of them, with messy ginger hair, tripped while dancing and caused the whole group to fall to the floor. "DAMN IT SUBERU! NOT AGAIN!" one of the boys, who had black hair, yelled, upset that the performance was interrupted.

"Now, now, there's no reason to yell at him." A blond boy said, frantically trying to keep the peace.

"Yeah Hoku! I only fell." the ginger, Suberu, said, getting up and pouted.

"And if you do that during an actual Live?"

"Let him off the hook this time, Hokuto. There was a chalk stick on the ground." a reddish haired boy, the final one of the group said, pointing at the white stick on the ground.

"Didn't you sweep, like I told you to do?!" Hokuto exclaimed at Suberu, who looked away and whistled. "That could cause a major accident if not-"

"Hey guys! A girl!" The girl jumped, for she had been distracted by the music and the uncouthness of the performers, and ducked behind the door, when the blond boy noticed her and pointed out her location.

"Is that the new transfer student?" the redhead pondered out loud, walking to the door and opening it wider to see the brunette looking around in a quiet panic, trying to figure out what to do next.

"Hey! Are you the new transfer student for the new producer course?" the ginger asked, rushing over to the door in excitement.

"I-uh-yes! I am!" She answered, struggling to "get back in character" quickly. "This boy is strangely energetic..." The girl thought.

"Well pleased to meet ya! I'm Subaru Akehoshi!" the ginger introduced himself, shaking the poor girl's hand violently.

"I am Hokuto Hidaka. Sorry about the commotion." the black haired boy said, bowing in apology, as the ginger energetically dragged the panicking girl into the room. "This one is being an idiot as usual." he pointed to the ginger who winked and pointed his tongue at him.