Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

The blonde was drawing a portrait on the cold metal ground with a piece of charcoal. She was drawing the earth. The view she had seen a dozen times from the observation window. She used to spend hours there dreaming of what life would be like there. How the trees they read about would smell. The flowers. She spent almost her whole life imagining how different things could be for her. For the person she loved.

That's all she could do with her time these days. It had been eleven months. Eleven long months of solitude. She knew too much. The council couldn't risk her telling other inmates or anyone for that matter. Her heart longed for the day she'd get to live her life in peace. Free of these ridiculous rules and the heavy hand that came down if you disobeyed them.

"Prisoner 319 face the wall" A male guard said

Clarke huffed and got up off the ground. She wiped her hands on her pants, ridding them of the majority of the charcoal before facing the wall. But not before rolling her eyes at the mundane task. Her heart longed to be back with her love and not in this hellscape of solitude.

Love... It was a powerful thing. Something that could bring out the very best in people and the worst. It could also bring out a very reckless side in some. Love can make you do crazy things or however the saying went. The blonde never thought she would find love living in a floating metal box in space. The Ark they called it. It was essentially a giant space station. Each section of the Ark had sectors or stations as they referred to it. Clarke was home to Alpha station. Her station was comprised of only the elite members of the Ark and their families. Those of wealth and power. That's how she was coined the nickname she despised,"princess." You see her mother was a member of the council. The council decided the fate of the Ark. Anytime something of concern or an uprising came up, the council handled it swiftly and through vote. Her mother Abigail (Abby) was not only a council member but also a doctor on the Ark.

Her father, Jake was a highly esteemed engineer. He and his longtime friend Sinclair were the top engineers for the entire Ark. This afforded Clarke many privileges. Others were not so lucky. Those born into less wealthy stations had to be careful to follow the Ark's strict rules. You see, life was not guaranteed. If you did something out of line no matter the severity, you could end up floated. Which is exactly how it sounds. Being shot out into space to... well float away. The Ark only had so many resources and so much air. Air which was quite limited. Humans did not always live in space like this. After the earth fell victim to an all out nuclear war, the surviving members of the former nations put together the a giant space station called "The Ark" into space to survive. It was home to a few thousand people. Too many people to resources and more importantly air. But Clarke didn't know it until eleven months ago and when she did find out, she felt it was her right to tell everyone. That everyone on the Ark had a right to know. The council disagreed. So here she was, locked away in a metal box. The irony was not lost on her how she was the princess locked away in the hypothetical tower. Waiting for her knight in shining armour to come save her. Well maybe not a knight. Maybe a beautiful brunette with killer green eyes. Her beautiful brunette. She found herself lost in her thoughts as memories flooded her mind. Memories of the day she met the love of her life, Alexandria.

Before Clarke had been arrested for knowing too much, she had been a simple girl. She was learning to be a doctor like her mother. In fact, she would spend most of her time in the medical bay triaging the patients alongside her mother and her right hand Doctor Eric Jackson. Clarke had known him since she was a child. She found a love for medicine in her early years pretending to be a doctor alongside them. Her father was a little hurt she had no interest in anything he did for work but quickly got over it as he saw how happy she was helping the people of the Ark. That all changed the day she met Alexandria Woods though. Or as she preferred to be called, Lexa.