chapter 3

It had been two days since Arav was injured, and today he was finally getting discharged. Akshat was helping Arav get ready, while Divisha sat quietly on the couch. Since the incident, she had become unusually silent, only responding when directly addressed.

Arav:"Bhaiya," Arav called out.

Akshat:"Haa bacha?" Akshat replied.

Arav:"Divu ko kya hua hai woh baat kyu nahi karti," Arav asked sadly.

Akshat:"Woh tujhe aise dekh kar dar gayi hai aur kuch nahi. Tu tension mat le ok," Akshat reassured him.

Arav:"Ok," Arav replied, though he still looked concerned.

Akshat had noticed the change in Divisha's behavior and decided to talk to her once they got home. After completing the discharge formalities, they drove back. Akshat carried Divisha in his arms while his bodyguard helped Arav. Once home, Akshat placed Divisha on Arav's bed and made Arav comfortable, being careful around his stitches.

Akshat:"Comfortable?" Akshat asked, gently ruffling Arav's hair.

Arav:"Ji bhaiya," Arav replied.

Akshat:"Tu rest kar, mai tere liye kuch khane ka leke aata hu," Akshat said.

Arav:"Ok."

As Akshat was about to leave, Divisha stopped him.

Divisha:"Baba luko," she said.

Akshat:"Haa baby. Kya hua?" Akshat asked.

Divisha:"Mudhe bhi aapte shaat ana hai," Divisha insisted.

Arav:"Divu, tu ruk na yaha mere pass," Arav suggested.

Divisha:"Nai baba te pash," Divisha insisted, her eyes starting to tear up.

Akshat picked her up and went to the kitchen. He tried to set her on the counter, but she clung to him tightly.

Akshat:"Divu baccha, leave me. Baba ko soup banana hai na bhaiyu ke liye," Akshat coaxed gently.

Divisha:"Nai. Goddi," she replied, holding him even tighter.

Akshat caressed her hair.

Akshat:"Baccha, yehi hu mai. Kahi nahi jane wala."

Divisha:"Plomish?"

Akshat:"Promise meri jaan."

He made her sit comfortably and began preparing the soup for Arav. After a while, the soup was ready.

Divisha:"Baba loom mai jana hai," Divisha said.

Akshat:"Baccha, phele bhaiyu ko soup pila de phir," Akshat replied, knowing Arav needed to take his medicine.

Divisha:"Nai... abhi jana hai divu toh loom mai," Divisha insisted, tears welling up in her eyes.

Akshat:"Accha accha, chalte hai. Isme rone ki kya baat hai," Akshat said, wiping her eyes.

He covered the soup to keep it warm and carried her to her room, setting her on the bed.

Divisha:"Baba abhi aap bhaiyu te pash dao," Divisha said.

Akshat:"Par bacche aap akele kya karoge?" Akshat asked.

Akshat:"Divu toysh tw shaath thele dhi," she replied.

Reluctantly, Akshat left her room and went to Arav with the soup.

Akshat:"Chal soup pile baccha. Phir dawai bhi lene hai," Akshat said, sitting on the bed.

Arav:"Divu kaha hai bhaiya," Arav asked, noticing Akshat was alone.

Akshat:"Woh room mai. Thak gayi hai woh bhi. Chal tu pile beta," Akshat replied, feeding him.