CHAPTER 04 - Tears Of The Jolly Beetle

Tears Of The Jolly Beetle

————————————————Camilla's POV

————————————————
Camilla's POV

The gang and I were in Swellview City hall, along with Henry's sister, Piper and Daniel's brother, Charlie. Henry, aka 'Kid Danger' and Captain Man were due to give a speech today. I was really only here to support my best friend, and because I have nothing better to be doing.

I sat between Charlotte and Piper, I could hear Piper and Charlie bickering about something. As per usual.

Suddenly the crowd when silent as the vice mayor begins to speak into the mic. I wasn't paying attention to much of what he was saying. Something about the crime in Swellview.

I didn't care for what the vice mayor had to say. I was only here for Henry, and Henry only. I still haven't quite clicked with Ray yet, so I didn't care for him right now.

I snapped out of my day dream when I heard the name 'Kid Danger' being mentioned.

The crowd claps for the duo. I smile proudly at my best friend as I watch a medal being put around his neck.

"Oh and please accept this coupon for one free medium frozen yoghurt!" The vice mayor announces.

I look to my best friend's slightly confused face, then to Captain Man's who was also confused, "wow.."

"Each?" Kid Danger asked.

The vice mayor looked awkward, "nah, you have to split the yoghurt" he murmurs to them, before taking a seat behind them.

Captain Man takes the stand and leans forward to the mic, "thank you vice mayor, and thank you citizens of Swellview." He spoke.

"Hey, why didn't Henry come to this?" Jasper leaned towards Charlotte.

We glance at each other, worried.

"Uh.."

Before Charlotte could speak, I quickly intervened, "we got into a fight! Yeah.. and uh- I don't- he didn't want to be near me. Yeah that's it" I blurted.

I hide the smirk that tugged on my lips, proud of how quickly I came up with that.

"You hugged Henry goodbye before you came here?" Piper questioned.

The smirk faded as quickly as it came.

"Yeah that hug was real mean... He- he hit my back" I lied, "we were real mad at each other"