Chapter- 7

Things were back to normal in Khanna Mansion, especially between the siblings. Ruhi was coming out of her shell, reverting to the brat she was. Rudra and Abhay liked the change; however, her involving Ayaan in her adventures was proving to be the bane of their existence. Although they were enjoying it, that didn't mean they had to like it when they become targets of her little mischiefs, just like now!

Ruhi was carefully tying ropes to the doorknob, suspending a full bucket of water right above the door of Abhay's room. Ayaan was holding onto the stool behind her and watched with a mix of fascination and annoyance. He knew his sister's adventurous stunt would get them in trouble, but he couldn't help but enjoy it too.

However, over the past few days, he had been noticing a different side of his elder sister. If he thought he was the A-grade brat, then his sister was proving every single theory wrong, and in style. The way she pranked their elder brothers or even him every now and then, like popping out in front of them like a ghost, adding salt to the coke, or by loitering outside his room with open hair and wearing all white, making weird sounds that scared the shit out of him, was enough to make him realize to never challenge his sister in future as it will be injurious to his health.

Ruhi got down from the stool and squealed in excitement. Her bhaiyu had scolded her last night just because she was fifteen minutes late. While her Dada was glad that she was coming home earlier from work, her bhaiyu was behaving like an annoying disciplinarian. 'Practice what you preach' she thought, believing her bhaiyu should also do the same rather than getting up at odd times or coming home late and giving some lame traffic excuse.

She was sulking big time and was out for revenge. Taking hold of Ayaan's hand, she hid behind the pillar, waiting for the drama to start. It was 9:15 in the morning, and her Bhaiyu was still not out of his room. Since it was Sunday, it meant her Dada was also nowhere to be there. However, the rules of their house for breakfast were still the same: they should be at the dining table by 9:30 on Sundays or by 9 on any other day. Just fifteen minutes, and she would enjoy the show.

"Jiji, maarenge yaar. Jaane do na. Subah subah kaun itne pange leta hai?" Ayaan whined, leaning against the pillar and yawned. The way his sister kicked him out of the bed unceremoniously annoyed him.

Ruhi glared at him, "Stop being a spoil sport, kiddo, and enjoy the show."

"Arre, uss show ke telecast ke baad humara live show banega. Aur audience ki bhi zarurat nahi hai, hai chaar aankhe he kafi rahegi."

Ruhi frowned, "Chaar aankhe? Matlab?"

"Arre, doo bhaiya ki aur doo bhaiyu ki. Ab kya karenge vo humare saath pata nahi."

Ruhi scoffed, "Kuch nahi karenge. Bol toh aise raha hai jaise abhi tak pata nahi kitna torture kiya hoga dono ne tujhe."

"The whacks and ear tugs we got. Vo kaam lagta hai aapko?"

Ruhi shrugged casually and peeked from behind the pillar, "I am immune to them, kiddo." Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Ayaan gave his sister a ridiculous look. If she was immune, does it mean he has to feel the same?

Rudra, who stepped out of his room and made his way towards the stairs, stopped upon seeing the two idiots hiding behind the pillar. He followed their fixed gaze, which landed on Abhay's room. His eyes widened upon seeing the bucket hanging on the door. He walked towards his younger siblings and whacked them both from behind.

Ruhi winced, "What the Fu...fish!" She changed her stance immediately.

Rudra raised his eyebrow, "What was that?"

Ruhi shrugged, "Nothing, Dada. Just a normal human vocabulary that you don't appreciate, and much to my rotten luck, I say it in front of you only." She muttered to herself at the end.