Chapter one: mrs. Daisy

You sat in the living room watching tv. All of a get sudden you heard your mother call your name. You walk into the kitchen where she's cooking. "Dear it appears I have cooked extra could you go and hand the neighbors the leftovers." You think of a response and knowing you can't defy your mother you just nod your head. "Good dear the leftovers are by the door just go and pick them up and don't COME BACK TO YOUR DONE." She doesn't tell the last part but it sticks out to you, but you do what she says and go to pick up the leftovers. Once you get the leftovers you open the door and walk outside. You go to the apartment across from yours. You knock on the door. Mrs. Daisy opens the door. She's an elderly lady from what you knew she was nice but you've only really talked to her once. When you moved in she came to your apartment with cookies. She starts talking which snaps you out of your thoughts. "Hello what do you need young man." You show her the leftovers. "Oh well thank you young man." She takes the leftovers from you. The first day you met her you knew she was a talkative woman. When she was at your apartment she probably would've stayed and told your mother stories for hours if your mother hadn't told her she had unpacking to do. But this time she only asks one questions and the way she says it unnerves you "have you been a good kid for your mother and father." You think for a bit on how to answer her and just nod your head. "Good."" Was her only response as she closes her door. You start walking downstairs. You kept replaying how she asked that question in your mind.