i love you and i always will

**Growing Together**

Harlowe Rodriguez and Evelyn Guzman met in fourth grade. Harlowe, an adventurous girl with a passion for sports and art, was seated next to Evelyn, a quiet bookworm with a deep love for literature and writing, in their new classroom. Their initial awkward exchanges soon turned into lively conversations as they bonded over doodling in the margins of their notebooks.

As elementary school years passed, Harlowe and Evelyn became inseparable. They partnered on projects, supported each other’s extracurricular activities, and faced typical childhood challenges together. During school trips, talent shows, and countless playdates, their friendship deepened, hinting at a connection that neither fully understood.

By the time they reached middle school, their feelings began to change, though neither voiced it. Evelyn started keeping a diary, filling its pages with thoughts and feelings she couldn't share with anyone else. Freshman year of high school brought new challenges and new friends, but Harlowe and Evelyn always found their way back to each other. Harlowe joined the soccer team while Evelyn poured her heart into the school’s literary magazine.

Sophomore year brought confusion. Evelyn began dating someone from the literary magazine, making Harlowe realize the depth of her own feelings for her best friend. Despite her inner conflict, Harlowe supported Evelyn, never letting her true feelings show.

Junior year presented its own hurdles. When Evelyn’s relationship ended, Harlowe was there to comfort her, their bond growing stronger with each passing day. Yet, the timing never seemed right for a confession.

As senior year began, the looming prospect of graduation made them both reflect on their future and their feelings for each other. They spent more time together, reminiscing about their journey from elementary school to now.

One evening, after soccer practice, Harlowe and Evelyn were sitting on the bleachers, watching the sunset. Harlowe turned to Evelyn, her heart pounding. "Evelyn, there's something I've been wanting to tell you."

Evelyn looked at her curiously. "What is it, Harlowe?"

Harlowe took a deep breath. "I... I have feelings for you. More than just as a friend."

Evelyn's eyes widened in surprise. She opened her mouth to speak but hesitated. Seeing the fear and vulnerability in Harlowe's eyes, she reached out and took her hand. "I feel the same way, Harlowe. I have for a long time."

Relief washed over Harlowe, and she squeezed Evelyn's hand. "Why didn't we say anything sooner?"

"I was scared," Evelyn admitted. "I didn't want to risk our friendship."

"Me too," Harlowe said. "But I'm glad we finally talked about it."

Prom night arrived, and the excitement of the evening mingled with a sense of anticipation. Dressed in their finest, Harlowe and Evelyn arrived together, the air between them charged with unspoken emotions. As the night wore on, they found themselves outside, away from the noise and crowds.

Harlowe turned to Evelyn, her eyes reflecting the moonlight. "Evelyn, I love you."

Evelyn's heart swelled with joy. "I love you too, Harlowe."

They shared their first kiss under the stars, the culmination of years of unspoken feelings finally coming to light. It was a moment that marked the beginning of a new chapter in their lives.

After graduation, they both got into colleges that were not too far apart. They continued to support each other’s dreams, their bond growing stronger with each passing day. As they looked to the future, they knew it was filled with endless possibilities and adventures, side by side.

**The End.**