𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

You may be the Great Wall, Shivaay. But how many dents can you handle, before the wall is completely chipped away?

Shivaay stared at his wife, lips parted in surprise, as her words from earlier banged inside his skull.

But how many dents can you handle, before the wall is completely chipped away?

He swallowed.

Before the wall is completely chipped away?

He felt sick.

Before the wall is completely chipped away?

Annika's words made him feel like he was nothing more than a commodity.

Her words implied he was nothing more than a means to an end for his family.

And for all his family's faults, Shivaay couldn't ever think of them going as low as that.

"That's enough, Annika," Shivaay shook his head. "I don't wish to talk about any of that."

"Shivaay——" she sighed.

"Annika," he cut her off. "You've already pissed me off with your stupid hypothetical," he crossed his arms in front, narrowing his eyes. "Don't make things worse."

He brushed past her, only to halt as he felt his hand being tugged. He looked down at his wife's hand wrapped around his wrist, while she tugged him back towards her.

"You're not avoiding this conversation, Shivaay," she shook her head, stating firmly. "This conversations is long overdue!"

"Annika, that's enough," he warned, coldly. "You've said a lot already."

"I've only just begun," she stated coolly.

"No, we're done talking about this," Shivaay shook his head. "You're done talking about my family like they——"

"Have been using you all your life?" She crossed her arms as he wrenched his hand back from her grip. "Face it, Shivaay. Your family is not perfect."

"I know that!" He snapped, running a down his face. Letting out a sardonic laugh, he chuckled sarcastically, "You think I don't know that?!"

"Shivaay," Annika winced.

"I. Was. Fucking. There!" He shook his head with a bitter smile. "I. Was. Fucking. There. When Bade Papa would bring home Svetlana. I. Was. Fucking. There," he enunciated each word, "When Badi Maa used to finish bottles after bottles of alcohol and pass out in the middle of the day in random places around the manor. I. Was. Fucking. There. When Dadi used to cry silently in her room, holding a picture of my Dadaji—— heartbroken about what her eldest son—— her pride—— had turned into."

"Shivaay——" Annika whispered softly.

I. Was. Fucking. There," he chuckled humourlessly, "When Mrs. Oberoi would scream at Bade Papa, and my father would stand idly by in silence," he shook his head. "My family isn't perfect, Annika. No family is." He looked at her, the usual cerulean turning a steely grey, "I don't need you to remind me of that."