Chapter- 8

Shopping is one of the best things for every girl on earth. Well, for most of the girls, but not for Ruhi Khanna. She was a different species born on earth, finding it the most annoying thing. Just like now, Ruhi was sitting in a boutique in real it was hers only, but she forced herself to stay in the corner, sticking to the wall like a lizard. The whole Raizada clan, consisting of only three family members, the Singhania clan, which was three boys again, and the great Khanna clan were present. The boys were trying out sherwanis while the ladies were busy selecting jewelry. She...busy in staring them bored.

"Coffee?" Prem asked, offering her the cup.

Ruhi gladly took the cup. She needed caffeine to feel and remain sane.

"How many sugar cubes did you add?" Ruhi asked Prem.

Prem sighed, "One."

Ruhi looked at him amused, "Wow! Three, two, and now one. How come?"

Prem glared at her, "Ask your mother."

Ruhi chuckled. No matter how dominating and ruthless man with a sharp tongue Premraj Khanna became in front of others, the truth was he was a scared kitten in front of his wife in a few cases. Ironically, he couldn't even dare to refuse her, too scared to face her wrath.

"Why don't you go and join them?" Prem asked, pointing towards the ladies.

Ruhi shrugged, "They will select what I can wear; they know my taste. Un diamonds and gold ko dekh dekh mera dimag kharab ho raha hai."

Prem nodded. Somewhere, he understood his daughter's plight. He was not a shopping person. Well, in general, men don't even go for shopping, and those who do, he literally respects them as they have that much knowledge to do so. He looked at his boys who were fussing over their baby brother. Whatever he wore, they just asked him to change. Sometimes Rudra didn't like the color, or sometimes Abhay. And Ayaan....rather than getting annoyed, he was shamelessly enjoying the attention he was getting from his brothers.

For the first time in years, he felt relieved and his heart warmed. His kids were still hesitant around him; there was still a line that hadn't been erased, there was still distance. His sons didn't forgive him, neither did his daughter. After whatever he made them go through, he somehow knew he didn't deserve forgiveness. If only he hadn't listened to their mother's words, if he had trusted his love for his daughter and had told her the truth himself, if he hadn't let his fear overpower his senses, things would have been so different. But he was happy and was making peace with whatever he was getting.

When a vase is broken and one fixes it, you can see the cracks, but no one sees the positive side that despite having the cracks, the vase was holding strong. It can still be used as a showpiece, not as a new one, but maybe as an antique. His relationships with his kids were like that vase; there were too many cracks of hurt, pain, and betrayal, but overall, they were together and holding strong, trying to mend what they had lost, at least with the hope of being cautious so they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes again.

Ruhi stood up and said, "Come with me."

Prem frowned but stood up, following his daughter. Ruhi called a salesgirl and made her way towards the boys' army.

"Done?" Ruhi asked sharply, startling them all.

The three friends looked at each other and shook their heads awkwardly, except for Rudra, who was also done for the day.

Ruhi threw them a disgusted look, "Sit there quietly. I will help you all," she said, pointing towards the chairs placed there.

The boys shrugged and followed silently.