𝟐𝟓| 𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊

warning ⚠️; mention of blood, bodily fluids and torture in this chapter!

CAL WOKE UP with a crack of his jaw. His eyes weren't even fully open, no chance to look around, when a dirty, compact boot hit his face a second time, almost making him lose consciousness again. The man could tell this wasn't the first two times his face had met another man's  boot. It felt like a truck had run over it already, everything throbbing and twitching.

"Look at me you fuckin' pussy." Happy's voice dripped with hate, every word laced with venom as he spat them at the man on the ground. "And get the fuck up. Get up and face me!"

"Holy shit." With a laugh that sounded like he had already lost his mind, Cal choked on his own spit as he tried to swallow, his throat feeling as dry as the desert. Despite the pain he was in, Cal wasn't going to be anyone's bitch. "I won't do shit, cunt!"

Happy's gaze darkened immediately and with a grip around the fucker's throat, he dragged Cal to his feet, squeezing his hand as he nearly crushed his throat beneath his fingers.

With a dark grin, he spat in Cal's face, watching the younger man's face twist in disgust as Happy's saliva now clung to his skin. "Feels shitty, doesn't it? Fucking degrading. Only fun when you're not the one being degraded, right?"

Sucking on his teeth, his eyelids finally halfway open, Cal shook his head slowly, the menace showing in his greenish eyes as he tried to lash outᅳ with no success, already too weak to even lift his arms.

"I'll kill you for this", he threatened in a low whisper that would send shivers down anyone's spineᅳ but not Happy. The Killer found Cal's words rather amusing. "But first I'll let you watch as I take out Tessa and the bastard firstᅳ"

And another punch to the face, sending the younger man back to the ground, adding more blood to Happy's already bleeding knuckles. There was nothing but darkness in Happy's eyes, narrowed as he circled around Cal with slow, heavy steps like an animal around its prey.

"That's all you can do?" As if Cal didn't have enough, he found the courage to continue taunting Happy, pushing his body back up with his hands. "You'd have to do better than that to seriously hurt me!"

A deep growl rattled through Happy's chest, the intimidating sound leaving the back of his throat as he gave Cal a violent, full-force kick to his ribs. The man's loud yelp, the way he curled up on the floor and squeezed his eyes shut while drool dripped from the corner of his mouth was just pathetic.

"Do you really think you can hurt my family and get away with it?!" Repeating his action two more times until he heard another loud crack, probably breaking a rib or two, Happy glared disgustedly at the panting, gasping, writhing man, who he then grabbed by the collar of his shirt to shove him into the nearest wall a moment later. "How do you know where to find her?!"

"I have my contacts, smart ass", Cal gurgled, snot running down his nose and over his lips as he yelped again as Happy applied pressure to his broken ribs by pressing his palm against them with force. "Fuckin' cunt", Cal spat furiously.