Chapter 1

I was starting my first day of highschool. Over the summer, I had moved to  Chicago with my adoptive parents Grady and Edaline. But I had been too busy unpacking to get to know any of my neighbors. Luckily, I had Dex, my adoptive cousin, in my grade.

 I got up, got dressed, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth.

Then I looked at myself in the mirror and decided it was good enough before leaving my room

I walked downstairs from my bedroom on the third floor, and was greeted by Grady and Edaline at the table. "Goodmorning Mom, Goodmorning Dad!" I said.

"Goodmorning Sophie!" They answered with smiles.

"Are you ready for your first day of school, kiddo?" Grady asked.

"No", I reliped instantly.

Grady and Edaline laughed.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Edaline told me.

"Sure." I replied, sitting down at the table.

For breakfast, I had eggs and bacon. After I ate, I picked up my red backpack, said goodbye to Grady and Edaline, and walked out the door.

I walked by myself to the bus stop, while listening to my favorite songs on my i pod. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see my cousin, Dex.

"Hi Dex!" I said, taking out my earbuds.

"Hi Sophie!" He said back.

"You neverous?" He asked.

"A little."

"Don't worry, most people are super nice."

"Most?"

He laughed. "You will be fine." As he said that, the bus pulled up. "Now let's go."

And with that, I walked into the bus, definitely NOT ready for my first day of highschool.