Prologue

I walk up to my two best friend's doorstep holding a daisy in one hand. I brought the daisy for my friend, I really like her. I knock on door with my signature knock, which was S.O.S in morse code to let them know that I am here. I remember Melina teaching it to Yelena and Natasha, so one day I had pranked them with it and has just stuck. I wait for someone to show up at the door and Alexei opens the door.

"Hey little Jenetta!"

"Hi Lexi," I say stating his nickname I have for him.

"Don't call me that," He chuckled.

"Where is Tasha and Lena?" I asked.

"We are about to eat dinner, take a seat at the table Melina is getting them," Lexi said.

"Okay!" I say.

I walk to the dining room and take a seat at the table and wait for them. Melina, Tasha, and Lena walk in the door.

"Netta!" Yelena exclaims and runs over and gives me a hug.

"I have something for you," I hold out the flower to her.

"It's so pretty," Lena says.

"What do you say Yelena?" Melina asked her.

"Thank you Netta," She said.

"You're welcome," I smiled.

We all sat down at the dinner table.

"How was everybody's day?" Lexi asked.

"Mommy taught me about lamp bugs," Yelena said.

"Lamp bugs," Lexi chuckles.

"And I fell and hurt my knee, but it doesn't hurt anymore. And we also saw fireflies in the backyard. That was my favorite part of the whole day other then Netta giving me a flower."

"Yelena, we see fireflies every year," Tasha said.

Lexi and Melina get up and walk out of the room.

"Where did you get the flower Netta?" Yelena asked.

"Oh, I found it beside the sidewalk and I thought you would like it," I said.

"That's cool," Tasha said.

The adults walk back into the room.

"Girls... you remember when I told you that one day we would have that big adventure? Today's the day," Lexi said.

"Oh and Jenetta, your parents said that you could come with us," Melina says while looking over at Lexi.

"Yay!" Me and Yelena exclaim.

"All right, let's go."

I follow Yelena and Lexi. We go to a closet and Lexi grabs a gun and bullets. He drops the bullets and they clatter together as they hit the floor. We help him pick them up.

"Thank you."

"I don't have my shoes," Yelena said.

"Thank you, baby. That's okay. You don't need your shoes," He said.

"But I'm still hungry," Said Yelena.

"Yeah? Guess what? I got Fruit Roll-Ups in the car."

"Yay!" I exclaim.

I walk out to the car with Yelena and she opens the door and gets in and I follow. A few seconds later Tasha gets in the back with us.

"Where are we going?" Yelena asks.

"Home."

"Mommy, you're silly. We just left home."

"I want my song," Yelena says.