Untitled Story Part

Having in to wake up early on a rainy day is the absolute worst. What you should do on rainy days is stay in bed till noon make coco and binge watch some classic television show until sundown. But no, Davonna L Woods had to venture out into the pouring rain. I pulled back the covers and stepped out onto the icy floor. I really should get a carpet in here. I put my slippers on and walked to my vanity. I separated my long black hair into loose pigtail braids. And headed to my closet for close.

My mum was already at work so I grabbed a pop tart my coat my boots and said goodbye to Salem my cat before I stepped out into the tundrea out the door. I'm 14 so of legal working age where I live and this past summer I got a job at my moms friends diner in town. I live in a tiny town called Evers Grove where everyone knows everyone. I put my hood up against the cold and quickened my pace as i walked down the street. Most houses still had all the lights off. It felt like everyone but me was still safe in their beds. I hurried past the library and the diner came into sight.

As i stepped inside everything brightened i could smell the fresh brewed coffee and heard the clank of pots and pans back behind the counter. I hung my coat up and one of the hooks on the wall and made my way back behind the counter. "Jesse?" I called out.