56| 𝘗𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

“Bhabhi, how can you both still be strong for each other? I mean you are doing all this, just for bhai?”  Krish inquired, and I glanced at him after setting my phone down

We are currently staying at one of our family's farmhouses, seeking a change of scenery.

Despite Maan taking steps towards healing after that fateful night, I could still feel the pain he carried.

Today he went to the firm, I had to pester him so much. He is reluctant to leave me alone.

He is handling an important case involving the murder of an on-duty police officer by a drunk teenager, who happens to be the son of a wealthy businessman.

This case has been ongoing for a year, and when the officer's family sought justice everywhere else, they eventually turned to Legacy.

I have faith that Maan will emerge victorious.

Such cases often become the subject of our late-night conversations.

We cannot hold an entire generation accountable for the presence of both good and evil.

“BHABHI.” I heard four loud voices and I snapped my head, feeling the presence of Ved, Preeti, Sam and Krish looking at me with curiosity.

“Bhabhi hosh mein aao.” Krish screamed while shaking me by my arms.

“What did you ask?” I asked, I have to stop zoning out.

“Bhabhi, ‘how can you both still be strong for each other? I mean you are doing all this, just for bhai?’ This was my exact question." Krish said and everyone looked at me with curiosity.

The elders were in their respective room, completing the surprise I requested them to.

“When you love someone truly, You will gather all your shattered pieces just to be there for your partner.” I whispered, silently caressing my belly.

Tomorrow is your dadda’s birthday, baby. I wish you were with us.

“Alright, let's change the topic. But Bhabhi, how did you come up with this brilliant idea? It's absolutely perfect. Bhai will be overjoyed, and any lingering doubts he has will vanish after this surprise.” Ved inquired, pouring a refreshing glass of juice for me.

With a smile, I gratefully replied, “I've always wanted to do this, and I actually planned it months ago.”

Preeti and Sam exchanged mischievous glances, and I playfully shook my head at them, chuckling.

I once read that God never burdens us beyond what we can bear. If He does, He also grants us the patience to endure it.

This quote resonates deeply with me, as I come to terms with the fact that our little baby is no longer with us. Although my heart still aches for him, I no longer feel completely broken.