33) Four More

Sophia-

"I can't believe it," Isla sniffled. "Those damn hunters, how could they do this! Greg and Bobby were good people! They were all good people! Attacking a children's event, how horrendous! I hope they all die!"

Sophia smiled.

It's true; the hunters attacked an event for nonhumans. At the end of the event, whenever everyone was preparing to leave, the attack. Many parents died, including Bobby and Greg. They died protecting their children and those of their friends. It's tragic.

She and Taylor took care of Bobby and Greg's funeral. Taylor decided to cremate them together; he didn't want anyone to see them in such an awful state.

At this moment, they are cleaning out the apartment. The quadruplets are in the corner ceiling with one of Bobby and Greg's shirts. They haven't left the nest since entering the apartment. Not even Talon can cheer them up

Isla sighed. "What will happen to the children?"

"I'll raise them," Sophia smiled.

"Are you sure?" Isla said. "I mean, adding four more toddlers is messy."

Sophia looks at them. "I won't have them separated. I know there's an orphanage for non-humans, but I can't let them go there. It's dangerous; Taylor is already dealing with the paperwork."

"But?"

"Bobby's family are trying to claim custody of the children," Sophia huffs angrily. "Bobby once told me how her family rejected Greg and disowned her. And now they are claiming the children. They will probably see the children as freaks and experiments. I won't allow that to happen. They are my children now." The four of them crawl down and hook her on the couch. "That's right, I won't let anyone hurt you, my lovely kids."

For the past two weeks, it's been hell. It seems the hunters were targeting specific people—Bobby and Greg were not supposed to have died. Mistaken identity is what the captured hunters told Luther and the higher-ups during the extreme interrogation. They killed two innocent people for a mistaken identity. Either way, no one should've died.

Sophia set the boxes in the storage room at Luther's. Once Bobby and Greg's kids are grown, they have a pick of their parents' belongings. For now, she kept the pictures in albums and frames and blankets with their parents' scent.

Currently, they moved to the palace, so it's easier to keep the kids together. The upcoming house construction will ensure ample space for the children to play and run around to their heart's content.

The quadruplets are slowly cheering up.

"Troi, behave," she stopped him from chasing after a dove. "Remember, you can't eat them. They are nice creatures."

Troi whined and lay across her lap.

"He looks a lot like you," Senna said. "And he's adorable."

Mary giggle. "He's a Mama's boy."

Sophia smiled. "That he is." Troi stretched and lazily stared at the other kids' play.

"I'm glad the sitting with the quadruplets ended; those people are something," Senna sipped the ice-cold raspberry tea. "Who do they think they are to claim those poor children after years of neglect? I know those witches want those kids to experiment. Oh! I'm so irritated."

Sophia chuckled. "I am grateful that the situation is over. We didn't officially adopt them; instead, we act as their custodians. This arrangement works better because Talon and little Elowyn are soulmates. It would be strange if they became step-siblings."