57| 𝘉𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨

Dadu -

Dadu -

Sent you a voicemail.

You were just one day old when I first held you in my arms, and ever since whenever I looked at you, I always felt proud. I could never express how much I love you and how much I am proud of you Abhi. We all love you beta. Sometimes there is a fear in my heart that we neglected your thoughts. We were with you, yet we couldn't make you understand how much of a good person you are. You are my best son Abhi. I have a regret that I had asked you to not file a case against those people for what they did with you, with us. But I just wanted peace in our lives, especially in your life. You deserve only the best beta. I am sorry for what I did that time, but I didn't want to lose you.

And lastly, Happy Birthday Abhi. We all love you, and we are proud of you.

My hands felt numb and that's when I realized it was my birthday today.

Before I could process anything else, there was again a notification, and it was from dadi.

As I tapped on the voice message, my eyes teared up hearing her. I always knew I was her favorite grandson, but when you mentally exhausted and your family tells you how much you matter to them, it is exceptional. It could never be expressed.

I kept on getting voicemails from chachu and chachi, who expressed how much they love me. Truly, from chachu knowing about me bunking the college with my friends to Chachi signing on my report cards when I didn't score well, and helping me in studies. I was always surrounded by the best people in my life and knowing how much they really love me, it overwhelms me.

Maa -

Sent you a voicemail.

Today at this time, I was crying and yelling at your father. Believe me, I even slapped him in the labor room, yet your whipped father was more nervous than me.
Finally after hours of cries and pain, our eternal happiness was born and it is you Abhi. I still can't believe you are 29 now, but you will always be my small Abhi, who might be strong from outside, but from inside he is soft. You are my life Abhi, I first experienced motherhood because of you. You made me mother, and you know even now what I pray? No matter what, in every life, I should become your mother and you should be my son. Happy birthday Mera bacha.

A chuckle escaped hearing maa’s words, and tears fell on the screen.

Again, there was a voicemail from papa.

Okay, I am not an emotional person. I am not going to do this ‘Mera bacha’ drama like you mother *Noise of snacking from behind*

Ofcourse, you are my child Abhi, Mera bacha.

Ahem Ahem, I always say one thing, and will always continue to say the same, The second best thing of my life is you, Ved, Sam and Krish. We will speak more comfortably when we are alone, because right now your mother is overhearing our conversation. But yeah, today was the day where I was scared yet the happiest man in the world.  Happy birthday Abhi.