SECTION Α

The rain pattered down harder and harder as they sprinted as quietly as possible down the slick concrete floors, rushing past the blinding lights of cars and streetlights down into a thin alleyway. All of the sudden, the whizzing starts again.

     Bullets fly past their head, whizzing in a pulsing and waving sound as they fly by their head, just barely missing. The sound always terrified them, but they didn't let it get to them as they sprinted away, ducking behind cover as often as possible. They made it to a turn and ran up a fire escape, going up flight after flight of stairs until they made it all the way up to the 5th floor, stopping when the shouts finally caught up to them.

     "Get back here, little faggot!"

     "Tiny asshole, give us back our shit!"

     "Fucking scumbag!"

     They quickly pushed past the insults and slammed their whole body into the glass window, breaking it and slinking in carefully. They reach down with shaky yet confident hands, gripping one of the bottles on the right side of their hip. They slip a molotov cocktail and a lighter out from their slots, lighting it and chucking it out the window with a soft giggle.

     From outside, more shouts can be heard, this time mixed with screams of pain. All of the sudden, they hear movement from deeper within the house, so they quickly get up and run out, once again climbing up the fire escape to the roof of the building. They quickly begin sprinting across to the other side and jump off the edge, over to the next building, and so on until the distant shouts of the group are long past gone. They change directions once the sounds of the city drowns out everything else, continuing with purpose despite the heaving of their chest and the heavy heartbeats from the intense workout. 

     They wipe beads of sweat from their forehead as they correct their belt, sliding down a pole to get to the floor again, crossing the street without even looking to make sure it was safe. They catch their breath on the stairs of a building that looks more raggedy than any other, sitting for a few minutes before getting up and knocking in a seemingly significant pattern. 

     "Code name?" asks a digital-like voice from inside.

     "GB 05," they respond, their voice dripping with exasperation. "If we already know the knock, what's the point of the code name system?"

     The door opens, revealing a protogen, his eyes bloodshot as he sticks a USB stick into the port in the back of his head with a relieved sigh. "Just cause I'm curious, man. But hey, you're back in one piece, ya little creature!" He smiles and ruffles their hair, but they just glare intently with the twitch of their eye, and he quickly stops.

     "Well, your boyfriend is waiting for you. He's worried as fuck dude.." He adds, looking at them with wide eyes before unplugging and replugging the USB stick with a heavy and shaky sigh.

     "Those sticks are messing you up man. Who knows what kinda viruses street drugs have? Things like the Tar make me worried for you." They reply, sighing sadly as they correct and tighten their belt again before wandering up a flight of stairs, waving goodbye to the protogen as they make their way up.

     They turn after a while of climbing and begin trudging down a hallway, their heavy boots leaving watery footsteps in the dirty rugs. They groan, knocking on one of the many identical doors in the complex, standing and tapping their foot as they wait for someone to open the door with a small smile.

     "Who is it?" Asks a voice from inside, and they sigh yet again, rubbing their temple. 

     "Your boyfriend..." They respond, and the door almost immediately swings open, hands reaching out and scooping them up quicker than they can respond. 

     "Goobrr! You know I don't like you calling yourself my boyfriend, everyone knows you're non-binary, and on top of that, stop stealing from Pyrem! You're going to get yourself into so much trouble.." He rushes, saying everything pretty much all at once as he carries Goobrr to their bed, laying down and positioning their head on his chest. 

     They mumble to themselves, blushing a little as they curl up against their partner, sitting up and stripping themselves of their gear. They take off their gas mask, belt, weapons, and more before setting them all at the foot of the bed, slipping under the covers and curling up into a ball as their tail flicks slowly back and forth under the sheets.

     "Babe, get back here..." Their significant other whines, slipping under the covers and spooning them. "Cmon, let's have some fun..."

     They blush even more, making some sounds as they raise their arms above their head, letting him strip off their shirt. 

SUBJECT REFUSED TO ELABORATE FURTHER ON DAY A.
PUNISHMENT: ELECTROTHERAPY - 40 MINUTES
TEARS WERE SHED. ANGER WAS PROMINENT. RESTLESSNESS WAS AMONGST EVERYONE.
DATE: 6/23/24
TIME: 2:19 AM.
INTERVIEWER: JAMES STOCK
WRITER: [REDACTED] . LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE

END LOG SECTION A.