24. Insights

𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝓅𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒷ℯ 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒸𝓊𝓇ℯ~

"How many seconds do you think it'll take me to get rid of your corpse?" Daniel asked with a very serious tone frightening the timid girl before him.

All she wanted to do was safeguard the maid who gave her the crucial information about Rose's mocktail being spiked but little did she know in the act of doing that she would catch the devil's eye, again.

Miliani, nervously seated on the desk chair facing Daniel who was man-spreading comfortably in front of her on her bed, swept her shaking palm on her forehead to rub off the beads of forming sweat. She knew if she confessed that the maid would end up being dead and if she did not, it would be her.

I'll die anyway, I don't want any harm to the babies. Miliani remembered her words. She was looking sickly worried while uttering those words to her. Miliani could feel her internally palpitating for what she had done and dithering if she should say this or not.

"Mili," Daniel pressed a tone further, his piercing eyes were nowhere but on her. He was waiting for her one fucking answer for the past ten minutes which was way more than his usual patience limit. Miliani panicked when she sensed him suddenly standing in front of her towering over her frame, dangerously close.

"You're coming with me," he commanded looking down at her and was about to grab her hand when she pinched her eyes shut and haphazardly delivered, "Linda.. it was Linda."

Daniel wasted no second in there and directly stormed out, striding directly towards the maid's quarter at the out house. As he reached, he observed some panic drawn faces, distant chatter which immediately stopped because of his sudden arrival and some blood dropping on the aisles. He smirked about the situation and headed towards the basement.

"Quicker than I expected," Daniel pointed his words to Kevin who was already walking towards him, emerging from one of those dark rooms in the basement.

"Always am," Kevin shot back with a curt nod towards him, heading straight to the workout space to burn off some frustration with a heavy dose of exertion.

That maid whatever her name was, was found with tapped sim cards forging out of the private network of the Knight's estate. Her communications were traced and linked with Italy. That cleared the real culprits, it was no one other than the Romanos always trying to backstab the Knights like a coward.

_-_-_-_

Kevin, nestled in Rose's warmth, knelt before her, murmured the lines in urgency, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything, Rosalia." Today he felt the most deficient of all time. There is no such pain as painful as being unable to save the love of your life. Rose's serene features drunk with moonlight, her soft inquisitive eyes searching for something in his face did not allow him to make her aware of today's dreadful event. For the first time in his life, he actually felt so vulnerable that he could not bring himself to judder her peace with the bitter truth of what was about to happen to her. Such huge stress would not be any good for her at this stage of pregnancy, she was due in less than nine weeks.

Whereas Rose was lost in a whirlwind of thoughts, torn between whether to reveal Kate's deception to Kevin or keep it hidden. She had waited so long, endured so much, tried so hard and now just when Kate seemed ready to come clean, should she abruptly step in? Her heart does not seem convinced of Kate's sincerity.