Olympic Champion

- 20 years ago -

(Timothée's POV)

I sit on the couch, eating a cereal bar, as my mom enters the living room with a big, grey photo album in her hand.

"Hey, small bean.", she greets me, pets my head and sits next to me on the couch.

"Mom, I'm eight years old, I'm not small anymore!!", I protest, looking a little offended, as I take another bite of my bar.

"Don't be mad, Tim, look, what I just found.", she switches the topic and shows be the cover of the album.

It has a white flower made of lace and some silver rhinestones on it.

"What's that?", I want to know.

"It's an old photo album from when your Mom was a teenager. I remember you asking to show some pictures of me when I was younger, so I thought, since your Dad and Pauline are grocery shopping right now, I could show you some of them.", she suggests and my mood improves.

"Yes please, I'd love to.", I smile and lean on my Mom's shoulder as she opens the album.

We look at some pictures of her and I can't help but look at the strange hairstyles those people had back in the day.

"You really were that young once, Maman?", I joke and my mom laughs.

"Hard to believe, right?", she giggles and switches onto the next page.

"Who's that?", I ask and point to a woman, looking my mom's age, having her arm wrapped around my mother's shoulder.

"Oh, that's Laura, she's an old friend of mine. She used to be an olympic champion in tennis, you know?", she explains and I nod.

"Are you still in contact with her?", I continue pestering her with questions and she nods.

"Yeah, we just met recently. Wait, I also have a picture of that.", she says as she switches to the last page of the photo album where she pulls out a loose photo.

"Here, that's Laura now.", my Mom explains, but I can't help to just stare at a girl which is also to be seen in the picture.

"Maman, who's that?", I want to know and point to the girl in a blue dress, holding Laura's hand. She looks around my age.

"That's Y/N, Laura's daughter. She's following her mom's footsteps by now since she's been playing tennis since she was four.", Mom tells me and I smile.

"She's really pretty, I hope, I'll meet her someday!", I tell my mom and she smiles as well now.

"I totally believe that you will!"

- now -

(Timothée's POV)

"HELL YEAH, YOU GET 'EM!", I hear my friend Saoirse shout, as we're watching a tennis match at the olympic games.

We went here since I heard Y/N was playing here today and since Saoirse has been completely into tennis ever since Zendaya's new movie 'challengers', we thought, we could attend the match together. It's the olympics final game too.

Soon the match ends and we all cheer and yell because Y/N just became the Olympic Champion in tennis!

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment you have been waiting for the past few hours. Our new olympic tennis champion is...", the referee keeps things exciting as he does a little break before saying the name of the winner.

"MISS Y/N Y/L/N!!! GIVE HER A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!", he announces as he pulls up Y/N's arm.

The crowd goes even wilder and so do Saoirse and I.