Once-in-a-lifetime Kind of Love

Under the ancient elm tree in Elmsford, Senna sat with a wistful smile, clutching the music box Sastra had given her. The village was winding down from the Summer Festival, the laughter and music still echoing in the air. Sastra sat beside her, a comfortable silence enveloping them.

"Sastra," Senna began, her voice soft and thoughtful, "have you ever felt like you were meant to meet someone, no matter what?"

Sastra looked at her curiously. "What do you mean?"

Senna hesitated, then continued, "It's like ... there's a kind of love that only comes once in a lifetime. A love so strong that even if things had been different, you still would have found each other."

Sastra nodded slowly, understanding dawning in his eyes. "Like destiny?"

"Exactly," Senna said. "I called you this morning because I saw something in a photo. It was an old picture of the village, but instead of the people in it, I saw us. It felt so real, like a glimpse into another life."

Sastra listened, his heart racing. He had always felt a special connection with Senna, something deeper than friendship. "Do you believe that in another life, we would have found each other?"

Senna smiled, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Yes, I do. I think that no matter what, you would have turned my head. Even if we met under different circumstances, I believe we were meant to be."

Sastra reached out, gently taking her hand. "I feel the same way. There's a bond between us that goes beyond this lifetime. It's as if we've known each other, forever."

They sat in silence, the world around them fading away. In that moment, under the protective branches of the ancient elm, Senna and Sastra knew that their connection was timeless. They were soulmates, destined to find each other again and again, in every lifetime.

As the stars began to twinkle in the evening sky, Senna leaned her head on Sastra's shoulder, her heart full. The festival might come to an end, but their love, that once-in-a-lifetime kind of love, would endure forever.