The Island

I woke up on the warm sandy beach. The last thing I remember before waking up was, well, going to sleep. Maybe this place was a weird dream.
I turned around and saw huge walls of water surrounding that Island, about 80-90 meters high. The panic kicked in, my breathing rate doubled and I could almost feel my eyes water. Maybe it was really a dream? I tried calming myself down. I looked at everything around and no, it was real. My brain is not capable of rendering the world with such unimaginable accuracy.

further away from shore there were human footprints. A weight was off my chest. The footprints led into the dense green jungle on the island. The path looked like it was used often. I followed it and I was led to a common ground around which were some grass huts. some looked way older than the others. There were some fruits in a basket kept near the newest looking hut. I picked up three bananas and ate them as fast as I could. I could hear the waterfall from there. I marched towards the sound to find the running waters, but still no humans. The waterfall was loud but it still felt silent.I head back to where the huts were. Without thinking much I took shelter in the newest looking of bunch. It seemed to be built recently, no older than a day or two. As I laid down to have some rest something pocked my head. There was something under the leaves i was resting upon. I fumbled the place and found a lighter. It was my lighter. how did it even reach here? I was not carrying it with me either. inside the lighter cap there was a folded up paper that read "Hello, it is you from the past. If you see this before the sunset please start making a raft. You need to leave this place."

The sun had started to set. An errie atmosphere replaced the bright sun rays and a song began to play, "Together on this day for eternity. This very perfect day, forever."