The artist and the wolf, Part 1

The Artist and the Wolfshort story by Assiliym all rights reservedOnce upon a time there lived a very very nerdy artist. He lived in his own fictional world and nothing existed outside of it. One night, the stars bathed the night sky and the artist enjoyed them... And as he enjoyed them... he fell into a great hole... It was a wild time and hungry predators circled the village. The villagers had dug several traps and covered them with grass to camouflage them...Luckily for the artist, he came within a hair's breadth of the sharp stakes...He tried to climb the walls, but the trap was very deep. At one time a wolf came up and started to sniff...He was very weak and his legs were tangled with hunger...You... who are you... asked the wolf... Are you one of the hunters... he pulled back cautiously, for the thundering club had hit him once in the buttocks and he had been scared ever since.I... said the man... am an artist...What is an artist, said the wolf.I paint nature... the stars... the flowers...And can you draw me a big juicy bone... said the wolf, licking his lips... I'm very hungry...I can, said the artist... Just pull me out of here...The wolf leaned over the hole and the artist grabbed onto his long tail...Pull...The wolf thought of the juicy bone and pulled it away at once. Go on... paint that I'm hungry... Paint me a juicy leg of lamb.The artist didn't wait to be prompted and started painting... Soon a very appetizing leg appeared on the canvas.The wolf felt his mouth fill with juice and said....I can't stand it anymore... Enough... Pull away...The artist tried to protest that he hadn't finished, but the wolf pushed him roughly aside and lunged at the canvas...To his horror, instead of a tasty leg of lamb, his teeth dug into the canvas...Where is the leg of lamb... roared the wolf fearfully...On the canvas... growled the artist. Right on your head...Are you... mocking me said the wolf and jumped up, revealing two rows of predatory teeth...No wolf... said the artist... It's called surrealism.. The painter couldn't finish because the sharp teeth were embedded in his throat...... He was a bit weak ... said the wolf and licked his paws... He didn't taste like a leg of lamb but.... as there is no choice... It's a crisis... When there is no leg of lamb, we will have to eat skinny artists...The wolf sighed and hid in the woods, for it was coming the dawn...In the morning the villagers found the remains of the artist...What was he doing outside the village at night... some wondered.What... said one... His board was knocking... He was looking at the stars...