26 Like a Couple

Damien

"Morning."
There it was again. That smile that made me hold my breath.
I tried to look indifferent and let out the air discreetly. With my hands buried deep in my pockets, I strolled through the school corridors next to Cass and Lorelie. I adjusted my pace to the girls' shorter steps as an awkward silence descended over our heads.
"Should I leave you alone?" Lorelie asked, frowning.
"No!" Cass and I answered simultaneously.
Lorelie snorted a laugh, adjusted the straps of her canary yellow backpack and avoided my dark gaze.

"Have you recovered from yesterday's training?" Cass asked in a mocking voice.
"Your punches didn't leave as many bruises as I thought," I replied.
"Ah," she said. "Then I'm relieved."
She rolled her dark eyes and I suppressed a smile.
I examined her narrow neck, my father's words like a lurking predator in the back of my mind.
"Why are you staring at me?" Cass narrowed her eyes and I quickly turned my head away.
A broad grin appeared on Lorelie's face. "Leave him alone. You stare at him when he's not looking too."
I raised my eyebrows in amusement as Cass' cheeks slowly turned red. She dug a piece of gum out of her backpack and shoved it in her mouth.

My gaze fell on her full lips, a hot feeling shot through my loins. On impulse, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the corridor that led to the principal's room. Nobody else took that route voluntarily anyway.
"Fine, I'll leave you alone!" Lorelie called after us, grinning.
As I stared at Cass' face, the sounds of the students in the adjoining corridors blurred into irrelevant noise. Her eyes were large, deep black mixed with the chestnut brown.
She cleared her throat, a slight smile twisted her lips. The words burned on my tongue until I could no longer hold them back.
"I'm going to be an uncle," I blurted out. "Kira and Lincoln asked me if I wanted to be godfather."

Surprise, followed by joy, crossed her face. With a beaming smile, Cass stood on her tiptoes and wrapped her arms around my neck.
The gesture took me by surprise, but it also felt incredibly good to share this moment with her. After a brief hesitation, I put my hands on her back and pulled her closer to me.
"But you can't tell anyone," I said quietly.
"I won't." Cass' voice sounded hoarse, and I looked down at her face in surprise.
Tears glistened in her eyes, but her smile had only grown wider and I couldn't help but return it. I leaned down and kissed her. My lips gently brushed against hers, a tingling sensation ran through my stomach and left goosebumps on my body.

Cass buried her fingers in my hair and deepened the kiss. Her chewing gum tasted of strawberry mint. Heat flooded my veins, causing a rhythmic throbbing between my legs. The pressure of my hands around her waist increased.
Cass pushed me back until my back hit the wall. Her body pressed softly against my chest. I pushed her dark hair aside and kissed her neck. A soft gasp escaped her throat and the sound unleashed the beast inside me.
With a deep growl, I pulled her so close to me that she gasped for air.
I slid my hands under her skirt, the fabric rustling softly as I stroked her velvety thighs. Cass returned my demanding kiss just as intensely. Her hands found their way under my shirt and my skin flinched at the touch.
I put my fingers on her panties. She was wet.

"You're mine," I whispered in a hoarse voice. "Only mine."
"Of course," Cass replied, sounding out of breath.
At that moment, the electronic sound of the bell echoed through the school.
Cass jumped in shock, she released herself from my grip and looked around with a confused expression. A veil covered her brown eyes. My arms suddenly felt empty, cold.
I took a deep breath. "Let's skip the lesson."
God knows I had better things to do than struggle with math. When I looked at the curves under Cass' dress, I thought of a thousand things we could do in the next hour.
But Cass reached for her backpack, and with shaking fingers she brushed the tousled hair from her face. "I... I can't."

I bit my lower lip to suppress the frustrated feeling of my masculinity that was making itself known in the lower half of my body.
"As you say," I gave in.
As casually as possible, I grabbed the handle of my gym bag and followed my mate to the classroom. After a careful look down at the bulge in my pants, I slowed down. My testosterone needed a moment more time.
"We're late!" whispered Cass as she reached the closed door.
I suppressed a grin and looked at her flushed cheeks. "And?"
"I've never been late!" she replied, shocked.
"Well, once is the first time," I said with a wink, whereupon the blush crept from her cheeks all over her face.
I raised my eyebrows mockingly and pushed open the door.