𝟬𝟯| 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜

THE INSISTENT BANGING on her apartment door drew an annoyed groan from the redhead

THE INSISTENT BANGING on her apartment door drew an annoyed groan from the redhead. As if she didn't have enough problems, enough things to worry and think about, she now had to face her sister or her father, probably more the former.

When her father came by, it was only to tell her to finally look for something bigger and nicer instead of this old apartment which was on the first floor of a large family house and was accessible via its own staircase on the side.

While Arthur, her father, and her sister, Debbie, placed great value on luxurious minimalism, Josy was the complete opposite. Plants stood in every free corner, old furniture in seventies style made her feel at home, as well as dark wooden floors, colorful carpets placed over them and lots of decorations on the painted walls.

As she shuffled into the hallway, Josy noticed for the first time that she hardly had any pictures hanging on her walls because, strangely enough, she hardly owned any. Only a few photos with her father or Debbie were given to her weeks after the accident to try and bring back her memories, all stored in a small box with a few other things that were supposedly from her childhood. It was kind of sad that it was only one box, a small one at that.

But not a single photo showed her with another man or when she was pregnant. She also had no C-section scar or any stretch marks. Of course, she knew that not every woman who had carried a child was affected by this, but there had to be at least one thing that indicated that she had been pregnant.

Sighing softly, Josy shook her head, her thoughts already racing. She hadn't slept a freaking second in the last twenty-four hours, her head was too loud, the carousel of thoughts driving her nuts, which is why she had called in sick this morning in the hope of finally being able to make a decision or at least get some sleep.

Taking another deep breath, she prepared herself for Debbie's lecture. Just from the way she knocked, Josy knew that her sister had a lot to say.

"Debbie, hi", the redhead greeted her clearly upset sister with a tight-lipped smile and the brunette wasted no time in pushing past Josy to storm into the apartment, leaving her younger sister by the door.