A young girl walks along the rocky edge of a cliff, dragging a stick along the ground, creating an indention in the sand as she walks. The ocean crashes below as she continues walking toward the barren rocky land outside Oak Town.

As she comes up to a clearing, she sees a small camp, consisting of a small fire and tent large enough to hold one small person. Near the fire sat a young boy, around the blonde's age. His back was turned to the girl, but he seemed to have heard her as he tensed up and turned around. The little girl had long, blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a simple white dress, a friendly look in her eyes. The boy was the exact opposite, with short, black hair and red eyes, dressed in a dark shirt and trousers, looking guarded and weary.

The girl smiled and waved, "Hello!" The boy looks at her nervously, making the girl smile more. "It's okay, I won't hurt you!" She sheaths the stick in her belt, similar to how one would a sword before putting her hands up to show she's harmless. The boy relaxes and turns back to his fire.

The blonde walked over to the camp and around the fire in front of the boy, sitting criss cross. The boy looked up at her, his eyes reflecting their earlier fear, but overall seemed at ease.

"You look lonely, maybe I can keep you company!" The black-haired boy in front of her stares at her, not saying anything. The girl looks over into the tent, but only finds enough stuff for one person. "Are you all alone? Where are your parents?"

The boy's face fell a little, a saddened look overcoming it. "He's...gone..." The blonde frowned, feeling bad. "Oh, I'm sorry." The air felt tense now, awkwardness between the two young kids.

After a moment, the girl pops up, smiling brightly. "Hey, you can come live with me! My mom and dad wouldn't mind." "Um...no thanks...I'm good." She huffed, faltering a little, but not giving up. "Fine, then I'll come visit as often as I can, and I'll bring food! That sound okay?"

The boy was silent for a moment, before cracking a small smile, one that was barely visible, but one that the young girl could see, and nods.

"Good! But I don't know your name, what is it?" "My name is...Ryos..." "Cool! I'm Della, nice to meet you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets of Magnolia were bustling with life, more so than usual. The Magnolia Harvest was right around the corner and everyone was getting ready for the festivities. The smell of food and pastries filled the air, the shops were filled with fantasy themed outfits, and decorations were being put up all around town.

Among the crowd, a group of three wizards walked toward the Fairy Tail guild hall. A young man with blonde hair and brown eyes, his wife, who had jet black hair in a ponytail and blue eyes, and their young child, her long blonde hair in ponytails and blue eyes full of life, a shadowy snake around her waist.

The young girl skipped in front of her parents as they came up to guild hall. The girl opened the door and the sound of talking voices filled her ears as they entered the loud and lively hall. Some were sitting at tables, eating and talking, others stood at the large request board looking for their next job.

The trio made their way over to the bar where a woman with white hair and wearing a maroon dress was tending. "Hello, Miss Mira." The male smiled at the woman, who in turn smiled back. "Welcome back, you three. How can I help you?" "Do you know where Master Makarov is?" "You can find him upstairs, in his office. It'll be right above the stage." "Thanks, Miss." The male set off towards the stairs, the female taking some money from a pouch in her cape and handing it to her young daughter. "Here, baby, you can get something to eat or drink while your father and I speak with the master."