Prologue

She stared down the torn letters he wrote when he had with him nothing but silence, nothing but loneliness. She thought he was a monster, and he was, just not how she imagined him to be. She found a letter in a better condition than the rest and started to read.

------------------------------

January 5th

It's her birthday today, and it's the first time I'm not with her, it's the first time she won't receive a bouquet at her doorstep when she wakes up, but she'll have to get used to it anyway in the future, sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing that day, but what other option did I have?

I didn't expect it to end like this, in this horrible-horrible way. But then I know it'll be better for her to live out her life thinking of me as a monster rather than-

------------------------------

The letter was torn apart after that, but she knew what was written, and she hated it when he was right, this was more difficult than having lived her life in oblivion, believing he was a monster.

She had tried being strong, but somehow the tears flowing down her cheeks couldn't care any less about that.

She hated him, but then also loved him. She hated herself, and that's it. She would never be able to forgive him for what he did, but then she also wouldn't be able to forgive herself for what she let happen.

Maybe everything would have been different if only she had tried,

If only she hadn't given up on them...