(1) 𝙋𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙

☾☼

☾☼

RHAELLA HAD always been quite smart for her age, perhaps even too smart. She knew there was something different about her, She knew she had to be a bastard. I mean look at her compared to her siblings. You could tell she was Daemons but she certainly was not Laena's.

Every time she'd try and bring it up, or mention anything of the sort to her mother she'd get the same response. Laena would cup her cheeks forcing the girl to look up at her, "You're my babe, Rhaella." Before she'd place a kiss on the girls head.

She pulled herself away from her thoughts, placing down her brush and standing, it had been time for her to go down to the dragon pit.

🌑

When Rhaella arrived at the dragon pit she had stayed silent, watching as Jacaerys commanded his dragon to set a goat aflame. She watched the smug look he gave Aemond when Vermax listened to his command.

A frown formed on her face as she noticed the sad expression on Aemonds. The poor boy didn't have a dragon, and he was often teased about it. Aegon would often look at her, wanting her to join in, wanting her to be rude to him as well, though she never did.

Aemond had always been her favorite. He was the quiet one, the one who liked to be by himself, he was like Rhaella in a sort. She was pulled from her thoughts when Aegon had spoken up.

"Aemond, we have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" Aemond had questioned quietly, his gaze staying on the ground.

"Something very special." Luke spoke up, running off momentarily

"You're the only one of us without a dragon." Aegon continued as they started walking, Rhaella following close behind confused. "And we felt badly about it. So we found one for you."

"A dragon?" Aemond repeated his tone flat "How?"

"The God's provide." He finished before Luke came running back, a pig by his side. "Behold! The pink dread!" They all laughed for a moment before Aegon continued "Be sure to mount her carefully, the first flights always rough."

They made snorting noises before Jace looked over at Rhaella, hoping she'd have found this funny but when he looked at her he saw only disappointment. The smile faded from his face as he backed away before leaving, taking Luke with him.

Aegon stayed behind for a moment, looking at Rhaella, he didn't speak just kept his eyes on her as if silently telling her to follow. But as he walked off she stayed. She watched as Aemond silently kept his eyes on the pig.