44/ Singin' some praise

⩇3:44

⩇3:44

"It's closed?!" You all exclaim simultaneously when you arrive at the museum. You clutch onto your hat while groaning, there goes ramshackle. "Are you kiddin'? What shitty timin'." you comment.

(just so y'all know!! Y/N does infact, turn into a merman..? mermaid? when she's in the water but she realized that if she focuses on her legs, she won't transform. So basically if she lets her guard down she'll turn into a mermaid)

"Is that why the Leech brothers haven't harassed us at all today? Because they knew?" Deuce asks himself, you deflate at the thought of those two knowing and not bothering to tell. "Are we really turnin' tail and going back empty-handed after comin' all this way?" Jack asks.

You side-eye him, 'Why's he startin' to talk like me?'

Just as Grim was about to walk away, Ace raises his hand like he wanted to say something, "Hold up! I've got an idea." he points at the guards a bit away from you guys, "Okay. I'm gonna distract the guard."

"In the meantime, you guys sneak in behind him and borrow the photo." he instructs and starts walking towards the two guards infront of the entrance. You eye him skeptically and grab onto his sleeve, "Are you sure you can handle this by yourself?" you ask.

He looks back at you and smiles, "You're honest to a fault, and Deuce would give himself away within minutes. Don't worry. I got this." he reassures as you let go off his sleeve.

Ace walks over to the two guards and lets out a loud whine to gain their attention, "Awww, MAN! For realsies?!" he exclaims. The guard looks at him, "Hm? Is something the matter?" he asks.

"Is the museum really closed today? I can't believe this. I was super pumped for this visit..." he sulks, the guard ignored his over-exaggerated sulking to examine him. "Why, that's an odd tailfin you've got. Are you a land-dweller? Did you come all the way here by yourself?" he asks.

Ace jokingly salutes, "Yes, sir! I've always admired merfolk society, ever since I was a kid." he smiles, "I scrimped and saved, got myself a magic potion, and now I've finally made it here!" he exclaims.

"Duuude, a real live merman! This is SO COOL! Can I touch your fins? Can I have your autograph?!" he starts moving closer to the poor guard. The guard puts up his hands and freezes, he wasn't used to this type of attention.. "U-um, sure? Would you like to see my dorsal fin, too?" the guard smiles.

Grim deadpans, "That guy can lie like nobody's business. He ain't even battin' an eye!" he says. Jack looks at Ace and the guards who were having a friendly conversation, "The guard's totally distracted. Let's move!"

Jack picks you, Grim and Deuce up and puts you all under his arms, Deuce on his left and you and Grim on the right, he quickly swim-walks towards the door. He walks a bit further into the museum and puts you three down when you reach the main place where all the pictures are.