04. 𝙛𝙢𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

04. fml forever

season one, episode two: tape 1, side b

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

"Welcome back. So glad you're still listening. Are you having fun? You must be wondering who's next, and why. Is it you? What did you do? How did you end up on these tapes? Maybe you did something cruel, or maybe you just watched it happen. Maybe you didn't even realize you were being cruel. Maybe you didn't do anything at all. And maybe you should have. Too late. I think you know exactly what you did. And after these tapes, you'll never forget it. I know I won't.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still dead.

Friendship. It's complicated. But don't worry, you won't go through this alone. That's not fun. Trust me, I've been there. Now it won't always be easy. It night even hurt a bit, or a bit more than a bit, that depends on you. But fear not, you'll get through this. Step by step, tape by tape. You and me, together.

And don't forget, there are others. See, I can guarantee that one of the reasons you're still listening is that you really wanna know...who are the others? Who else is responsible for my death? Well, you're going to learn soon enough, and they're going to learn about you too, if they haven't already. What? Feeling paranoid? On edge?

Yeah, high school does that to a person. So keep your wits about you. It's all part of the game. But remember, it's not a game. Not at all.

It's time to meet the star of Tape 1, Side B. So, without further ado, let me introduce my former friend. Step up, Jessica Davis. You're next."

Almost as soon as Nessa got comfortable in her chair – well, as comfortable as she possibly could be in the plastic chair that pulled pieces of her hair out each day – Jessica stormed into the classroom, making a beeline straight to Zach.

"Hey, where the hell is Justin?" she hissed, almost whispering. Nessa looked over and saw her friend, she didn't look good.

"I don't know, Jess." Zach replied with concern.

"You don't know?" Jessica retorted back, the anger that was in her voice growing more apparent.

"Probably just skipping first, sleeping in." Zach reasoned with her, although both he and Jessica, as well as Nessa, knew that this wasn't the case. There was something more.

"Ness, did he ride with you guys today?" Jessica asked the girl, and Nessa only shook her head.

"Marcus? Where is he? Did you see him last night?" Jessica interrogated the boy beside Zach. Nessa pulled her phone out, quickly typing Where the fuck are you? Call Jess. to Justin, although she knew she wouldn't get an answer.

"He was at practice." Marcus said. "I'm sure he'll be at the rally."

"Oh, you're sure." Jess replied, exasperated. "Thanks, Marcus."

Jessica knelt down a little, and Zach and Nessa both leaned in to listen to what she was about to say.

"Mr. Porter wants to see me tomorrow. He left a call slip in my homeroom."