06. 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙

06. justin is found

season one, episode two: tape 1, side b

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

Nessa piled out of Zach's Audi along with Bryce and Marcus in front of the massive Walker home. It was no secret to pretty much everyone in their town that Bryce's parents had money, and lots of it. It's not like Bryce was exactly humble about it either. The four friends walked up the staircase and into the large house.

"Official word is he's not here." Bryce said, as they all walked through the house to get to the clubhouse. The boys had filled Nessa in on the way that Justin had been staying here while he was "MIA". Nessa was pissed the entire ride over because nobody had thought to clue her in.

"Yeah, well, Coach is looking for him now too." Zach said calmly. "He's fucking pissed that he missed the assembly."

"He's in the pool house." Bryce said, ignoring Nessa's comment about informing Jessica of her boyfriend's whereabouts. "Stoned off his gourd, by the way."

Bryce opened the door to lead the group to the pool house as he motioned to Justin.

"He's been here all day?" Marcus asked, and Bryce nodded.

"Yeah, since last night." Bryce said.

"What'd he do?" Marcus questioned again.

"Who the fuck knows?" Zach replied. Nessa followed Zach and Marcus to the pool house to go find Justin, and she was eternally grateful when Bryce didn't follow the group of three. When they walked into the house, they saw Justin sprawled across the couch, weed all over the table as he fumbled with a video game controller.

"Yo, Justin." Zach said, and Justin ignored him, continuing to play the game.

"You okay?" Zach questioned.

"Fuck you, am I okay? What are you, my bitch now?" Justin snapped, and Marcus and Zach both stood there. Zach looked over at Nessa, pleading her to say something to him.

"Justin." Nessa spoke, and the boy turned around, his eyes softening once he saw the girl.

"Hey, Ness." Justin said kindly before he turned back to his game, instructing the boys to close the door. Nessa stepped closer to the couch and tried to sit next to Justin. He quickly moved his legs, allowing some room for the girl to sit down on the dirty couch.

"Jess is looking for you. She's worried, Justin." Nessa began.

"She looks bad." Marcus added.

"Yeah, well she has for a while." Justin replied, still not turning away from the game.

"Can you please talk to her?" Nessa pleaded, knowing that she was the only person here that had the ability to talk some sense into Justin.

"And say what, Ness?" Justin asked.

"Tell her to get her shit together." Marcus instructed. "She's acting like a nutjob, drawing attention to herself."

"And you." Zach added.

"Not me." Justin said nonchalantly. "I ain't there."

Everyone sat around in silence for a bit, and Nessa contemplated on staying long enough to watch the shitshow unravel when Jessica got here, or to just leave well enough alone and have a night with Alex. Things were getting out of control quickly, and she didn't know how many more days she would have left before things completely just hit the fan.