10. 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙘𝙠, 𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙧

10. knock knock, tyler

season one, episode four: tape 2, side b

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

"Okay everyone, we're down to our finalists!" Courtney Crimsen said through a microphone to the students in the gym. "Drumroll, please!"

Nessa pounded on the bleachers below her, sat next to Scott and Montgomery since Alex was up there with Bryce and Zach as the "Mud Divers".

"They are so stupid." Nessa muttered to the two boys as she pointed to their friends.

"Yeah, and you're dating one of them." Scott told the girl.

"Tight race, you guys, but I think we've narrowed it down." Courtney announced. "We're going to decide the winner by applause. The costume with the most applause takes home 200 smackers, so."

"Mud divers!" Courtney announced as Nessa and the two boys beside her hooped and hollered. The rest of the student body did too, which told her that her friends might just be 200 dollars richer soon.

Nessa continued watching to see Bryce and Zach dancing around with Jessica and Justin. Jess was really playing into the crowd, dancing on Justin with her tongue sticking out.

"Ladies and gents, I think we have a winner!" Courtney announced through the cheers. "Justin and Jessica as sexy punk rockers!"

Justin and Jessica shared a kiss as everyone clapped for them. Nessa jumped down and ran onto the court with the rest of her friends to celebrate Justin and Jessica's win.

"And while Courtney didn't hear my stalker arrive, I did. Thankfully, I found a way to kill two birds with one stone.

Remember when I said you wouldn't believe the skeletons Tyler found? Turns out they weren't mine. They were Courtney's."

Nessa was standing in the courtyard, looking around to locate Zach and the rest of her friends. She had a tutoring session before school today, so she had been earlier than everyone else. She walked around, pacing until she saw Hannah Baker.

"Hannah!" she yelled as she walked up to the girl.

"Oh, hey Nessa." Hannah said softly, a sign she was upset.

"You okay? What's going on?" Nessa asked the girl sweetly.

"Tyler Down was outside my window last night, taking pictures of me." Hannah whispered to the girl.

"What the hell?" Nessa spat, rather loudly. "Sorry, I'll quiet down. But seriously, what the fuck is his issue?"

"I don't know, but he took a pretty bad one last night of me and someone else, and I really need to get it from him." Hannah told the girl.

"Well, yeah." Nessa said, locking her arm with Hannah's. "Come on, I'll go with you. I think he's a bit scared of me."

"I don't blame him, you can be scary!" Hannah told the girl as they walked into school to find Tyler. "Thanks, Ness."

The girls walked around school until they found the photo studio, where Tyler would undoubtedly be. They pushed the door open, walking in to see him staring at a piece of film.