𝟬𝟰𝟬 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

🎱

🎱. . .CHAPTER 40 ! -----
( real life . . . )
❛ it's embarrassing ❜

ᵣₑₐₗ ₗᵢfₑ !

          Chris didn't realize how much being with mikayla actually meant to him until he heard those words leave her mouth. he's still standing in front of the bathroom door, already missing the sound of her voice and how happy it sounded whenever she said his name. as he takes a few steps back, hitting the handrail of the staircase, he doesn't even feel like going to the carnival anymore.

          "chris..." matt whispers, a crease of confusion between his eyebrows. he glances at the bathroom door, then back at his younger brother, puzzled. "what the fuck are you doing?"

chris shoves his hand into his pockets, dropping his head to the ground, to avoid it looking obvious that he's staring at the room mikayla's in. "nothing," he shrugs, looking up at his brother.

as matt furrows his eyebrows, the bathroom door opens and it reveals mikayla. a quiet 'oh' leaves matt's mouth as he watches her rush to her bedroom next door. "something happen with you guys?" he leans on the wall with his arms crossed.

"no," chris lies through his teeth and the expression forming on matt's face shows he immediately knows his brother's lying. but chris can't help it, he's slowly realizing that he might've lost mikayla even without properly having her in the first first place. he wanted to be hers, but he now knows that might not even be possible anymore.

"So, he really left you hanging like that," chris questions with a tilted head, sitting on the bench next to mikayla. her cheeks are stained with mascara while she slowly nods her head.

ever since the day he helped her get back on the swing in middle school, the park has become their new spot to confide in each other at. the sky melts into a mix of pink, yellow and blue hues, showing that the sun is preparing to tuck itself away for the rest of the day. with the breeze being slightly warm since it's in the middle of june, chris wants to enjoy the weather.

yet he can't because mikayla's currently crying next to him after being stood up on a date by a guy she really liked. her shoulders are slumped and she's fighting the urge to make any eye contact with chris, probably out of pure shame that she let someone do that to her.

          but the thing is, chris really knows what happened. he knows that eliana lockheart's responsible for it because she's the one who asked mattheo to ask mikayla on a date, knowing that he was never going to meet up with her in the first place.