14.5: Skeletons In The Closet

CHAPTER 14.5
SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET

NAMJOON

The faint sounds coming from the party hall could still be heard as Namjoon walked down the empty private corridors of the mansion when he suddenly heard faint noises of two people talking at the other side of the hallway. He was about to leave them alone when he recognized Irene's voice saying, "Kim Taehyung is here in Paris. He took the next flight right after Jin and Hyunjin's."

"Did he meet up with Jin since he arrived here?"

Namjoon was sure it was Mr. Kim's voice. Jin's father.

"Yes. Briefly."

Namjoon continued to eavesdrop, hiding behind the section wall separating the three hallways of the mansion.

"Do you really believe Jin won't be suspicious?" Irene continued.

"That I hindered all of Taehyung's efforts to find him and Hyunjin after all these years? No, he won't. And if he would, he would come to know that I only did it to protect him and my grandson," Mr. Kim declared, confident.

Namjoon's eyes went wide in shock.

What the fuck?

"We both know you did it because you wanted Jin to take his role as the next heir to the family fortune. It was unfortunate enough for you that he got pregnant, but thank god he gave birth to a boy. You saw Taehyung as an obstacle in achieving this, so you became the bad guy and manipulated everything you could. Since then, you subtly poisoned my brother's heart and mind with your words."

"It wasn't my doing when that man chose and married someone else. It wasn't my doing when the DNA results were falsified. It wasn't my doing when he and his parents pushed Jin away and left Hyunjin to die."

"You... know the truth," -- pause -- "Taehyung went to the hospital that same night, but you paid the staff to tell him Hyunjin was transferred to another hospital somewhere in Busan, giving you enough time to hide the records so that Taehyung couldn't find them. He went there. Even if he was four years late, he finally came to his senses and wanted to help his son. Unlike you, would you even go and find my brother if you knew he was a girl, and visit our mother in her grave? Do you even know what you did, Papa? You stole my brother and nephew's happiness."

Having heard enough, Namjoon fled and ran as fast as he could.

●●●●●●●

To Love A Kim. © JT Starr, 2022.