What do you think?

So, I hope this is not going to be a short story or a sad story. Let's start with this birthday party, I went to.

"So, what's going on, guys? What's the office gossip?" Shikha, one of our ex-colleagues, asked at Yami, one of our colleague's birthday parties.

"Nothing new, same old, same old. Purvi has got another increment again after she made the announcement that she was leaving," I replied, sipping wine and pretending to like it.

"Isn't Ankush tired of this sh*t anymore? Does he not see through this?"

"He is blinded by the love of two women," Kanika added.

"Two women? Who else?"

"Sheena. She is new in PR; she has already been promoted to the manager post."

"I saw that she texted him, 'You're looking great today.' 'That outfit makes you so handsome,'" Kanika said, waving 'hi' to someone, as Yami opened the room gate where all the girls were sitting.

"Hello." Aditya entered the room, greeting Kanika. "How are you?"

"Good. How are you?" she replied.

"Good." He turned to me. "Hey, I forgot your name."

"Ahana."

"She said you were cute," Kanika said this to Aditya, to which Aditya replied.

"I know."

I rolled my eyes mentally at both Kanika and Aditya. Kanika for not being a girl's girl, and Aditya for being a little too cocky. I guess some people who look so handsome and pretty have no people skills. But whatever, I have a long time to judge Kanika, and I don't think I'm going to see Aditya ever again.

After enough people had arrived at the party, a small introduction took place in the hall before everyone went back to where they were comfortable. As I was not wearing my spectacles, I hardly remember who was whom.

Here comes the funny part.

Ms. Purvi arrived and entered the girl's room. She greeted Yami and wished her a happy birthday, then turned to the door adjacent to the balcony.

"Oh, is this the famous Yami's balcony we see on Instagram?" she said while pulling on the door like she was She-Hulk, and she will see this balcony and take it home. She may be smart like a wolf at the workplace, but she is so dumb in many ways.

"Let me get it for you," Yami interjected and opened the door for her.

After a quick examination, Purvi settled down between Ishita and me. Ishita is a lawyer and one of many friends of Yami. Ishita and Purvi started talking about work and all the stupid work talk at a party. I heard the song "And I found her" at the back of my head.

I took the first chance to get out of there and go talk to Kanika and Amar, sitting in the hall. I told them about the professional talk between Purvi and Ishita. I was barely at the end of my sentence when Aditya arrived and asked.

"My friend wants to talk to you."

"Okay," I said. I was about to walk with him, but Kanika interrupted.

"Who?" Kanika asked before I could reply.

"Siddhant."

"Tell him to come and talk to her," Kanika said, grabbing onto my hand and gesturing for Aditya to go.

Aditya went into the room where all the boys were hanging out. Not a moment after that, I saw someone being dragged out of the room and running back within a span of 2 seconds. That's when I noticed him for the first time. Or I think I noticed him for the first time.