Chapter 2: Afternoon Investigation

ASH POV

My new friend, Kazuya, and I went to the middle school in the afternoon to talk with the staff that would be working there. Despite how friendly and soft-spoken he was, he was very serious about the mission. Pikachu could sense it, too.

We got there and we both made our way to the main office where the principal was.

"Hello, Takahashi," the principal said, "I got the email and phone call from your mother—I've been expecting you, but not your friend here—especially not the champion."

"I'm joining him in case something goes wrong," I told him, "You can count on me!"

"I trust you with him, Mr. Ketchum." The principal turned his attention back to Kazuya, "Nothing like this has happened before. Are you sure you're okay doing this?"

"I just don't know how I would deal with it," Kazuya replied, "I don't want to harm it too much."

"I see. We've found an Odd Keystone in one of the classrooms, so if it's anywhere, it'll be near there," the principal said, "It usually comes out during the night, though, when theres nobody around."

"Thats our best bet, then," Kazuya affirmingly said.

"But whos gonna let us in at night?" I asked, "We can't just trespass."

"I'll be waiting there, don't you worry," the principal said.

Kazuya and the principal made a few arrangements before it was time for us to go.

"Can you really touch Ghost-type Pokemon?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied, "It's honestly kinda weird."