chapter 1

Chapter 1: The Enigmatic Mole

In the bustling streets of Beijing, Divya—a young woman from Quetta, Pakistan—pursued her studies in electrical engineering. Her scholarship had brought her to China, where she navigated the complexities of circuits and equations. But beyond the textbooks and lecture halls, Divya carried a secret—a tiny mole on her left palm.

This mole, which had appeared mysteriously during ninth grade, held an inexplicable power. Whenever she glanced at it, a vivid image flashed in her mind—a handsome boy with eyes like midnight. She had never met him, yet he haunted her thoughts. His face was etched into her memory, a puzzle piece that didn’t fit her life’s mosaic.

The boy remained elusive, a phantom who danced at the edges of her consciousness. Was he a figment of her imagination? Or did he exist beyond the veil of her forgotten past? Divya couldn’t say for sure. All she knew was that the mole connected her to him somehow.

Her parents dismissed her questions about the missing six months of her life. “Normal times,” they insisted, their eyes evasive. But Divya couldn’t accept their vague answers. She traced the mole’s contours, wondering if it held the key to her lost memories. Why had it appeared suddenly, like a secret whispered by the universe?

Late one night, as Beijing’s neon lights flickered outside her window, Divya vowed to unravel the mystery. She researched ancient symbols, hoping to decode the enigma. Yet, the boy’s face remained stubbornly vivid, refusing to fade into oblivion.

Mei, her roommate, watched her struggle. “Some things are better left untouched,” Mei warned. “Maybe your memories are locked away for a reason.”

But Divya couldn’t heed the warning. The mole pulsed, urging her onward. She would find the boy, understand the missing months, and perhaps rewrite her destiny. Little did she know that her quest would lead her to forgotten scrolls, hidden societies, and a truth more profound than she could imagine.

And so, in the heart of Beijing, Divya walked the tightrope between scholarship and longing. The mole—a bridge to a stranger’s face—beckoned her toward a revelation that would alter her course forever.

To be continued…

Author’s Note: The journey begins, and the boy’s image remains imprinted on Divya’s soul. What secrets lie beneath the surface? 🌟📖✨

Divya

Mei