𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟣 : 𝖯𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾; 𝖧𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗂𝖺

The world is a homeland created for humans, yet this particular world is different.

In this world, humans without a Constellation are considered outcasts because they lack the ability to wield any mana or magic. Thus, it is declared that every Constellation meant for humans is a matter of luck.

Many infants have died for the same reason before-they don't have stars. In this world, twins are rare and, if they exist, they are considered outcasts.

This is because the Oracle of their stars is different from the ordinary ones...

A few years ago, the young minister confronted the queen upon learning that she had given birth to twins. He furiously walked down the castle hallway until he reached the queen's chamber. "SEIZE THE CHILDS!!" He shouted, causing the queen to panic and call for her knight.

"Mabel!" she cried out. "Leave with my twins immediately!" Mabel nodded, and took the twins from their crib, and fled the Kingdom. She managed to make her way back to the Black Tower, where every outcast gathered each night.

"What brings you here, Mabel of Smurta?" one of the scholars asked mockingly, laughing as he spoke.

"I want to request something of your head, Lord Geordon," Mabel answered, her voice trembling. However she was met with insulting words and gazes from the other scholars.

"SILENCE!" a powerful, deep voice echoed through the hallway from Lord Geordon's chamber. "What brings you here, Smurtan?" Geordon asked, eyeing the suspicious figure wearing a robe wrapped around Mabel's arms.

"I would like to leave these twins with you, Lord Geordon," Mabel responded hesitantly. She wanted to raise the twins herself but knew she wasn't capable of taking care of infants.

"Twins? Aren't they mentioned in the prophecy?" Geordon asked, looking at the infant twins sleeping peacefully in Mabel's arms.

"I'm begging you, Master Vellista," Mabel said in a pleading voice.

Geordon sighed. "I'll take the children." He knew in his heart that these children were not meant to be killed by the ruthless Smurtans, who hunted children without a Constellation.

As years went by, the queen managed to support her children financially despite it being a crime in the Smurtan Kingdom. But who can stop a mother from loving her children?

Geordon watched from his seat as the twins, Dione and Cedric, ran along with the other senior scholars.

"Cedric, don't run too fast!" Etiene said, panting as he tried to catch up with Cedric.

"I'm not running too fast, Etiene!" Cedric replied with an irritated expression.

"Look after your sister, okay?" Etiene said as he followed Cedric to play again.

"Don't worry, I'm her big brother, and big brothers always take care of their younger siblings!" Cedric said proudly.

Cedric and Dione played together as they always did. However, their dreamland was shattered when the Smurtans discovered that Mabel had not killed the twins. They captured and killed Mabel, along with the queen's subordinates. The Black Tower was in crisis, fighting to protect Cedric and Dione.

The result of raising the 'two cursed' children led to the collapse of the Black Tower, leaving only the corpses of the scholars lying on the ground.

"Leave, Cedric! Take Dione away! LIVE!" Geordon yelled as he continued fighting the Smurtans to distract them. Cedric wiped the tears from his eyes, grabbed Dione, an ran away.

"PAPAA!!" Dione cried as she witnessed her foster father being stabbed and beheaded. Despite Geordon's death, the Smurtans continued to chase them. Dione was held hostage by the Smurtans, and Cedric, paralyzed by fear, could do nothing but leave his sister behind. The guilt haunted Cedric, a year later, Dione managed to escape from the Smurtan Outcast Underground Jail, known as Emilben.