Chapter 74

It was currently Friday. Irene passed her books to her dormmates, who would be staying in school, the moment the class ended and requested for them to bring them back to the dorm. Afterwards, she walked out of school together with Jennie.

Irene intended to head to the studio to meet up with Lisa before going to the villa together to send Ningning to the Underworld. Jennie was a local in Hai City so she would also frequently head home during the weekends. Both of them walked out of the campus and saw a middle-aged man with an elegant air waving at them from afar.

"Dad." Jennie smiled and introduced him to Irene. "Irene, this is my dad."

"Hello Uncle." Irene followed Jennie and went over to greet him.

"Hello." Gongsun Yuanming looked at Irene with an amiable expression. "I heard from Jennie that you all take very good care of her. Sorry to trouble you."

"It's no trouble at all. We take care of each other." Irene smiled and replied.

"Where are you going? Shall Uncle give you a ride?" Gongsun Yuanming had an excellent impression of his daughter's dormmates. The idea of going to the university to treat them to a meal popped in his mind several times but he was concerned that it would be abrupt of him. Therefore, he thought to ask his daughter to invite them over to their house for a meal when a suitable opportunity arose.

"It's alright. I've already called for a car. It will be here soon." Irene shook her head and turned down his help.

"Alright, in that case, we will head off first." Gongsun Yuanming did not insist further.

"See you on Monday, Irene." Jennie waved her hands at Irene before getting into the car to leave.

After the car had driven off a distance away, Jennie could not resist asking her father, "Dad, didn't we agree to let me stay on campus this weekend? Why did you want me to go home so suddenly?"

"There is a checkup at the hospital tomorrow." Gongsun Yuanming said.

Jennie was confused. "Didn't I just go for a checkup at the Mid-Autumn Festival? It's only been a few days since then."

It had only been a week since Mid-Autumn Festival ended. During this period, her appetite had been great and she was able to sleep well. Furthermore, there had not been any discomfort with her heart.

"The checkup for tomorrow is different. It's related to the heart transplant procedure." Gongsun Yuanming replied.

"Heart transplant? Aren't I 5th in the queue?" Jennie required a heart transplant to cure her illness. However, she was not the only one suffering from heart disease in the entire country. There were many people waiting for a heart transplant just like her. She was referring to the group of patients that had the same blood type as her when mentioning about being the 5th in the queue.

In recent years, the general populace's mindset had changed and many were willing to sign the voluntary organ donation agreement. As a result, more people were being saved. However, there would still be a portion of people who would not be able to receive the required organs, especially those suffering from heart diseases. Once their hearts start to debilitate, no medicine or machinery was able to prolong their lives.

About half a year ago, Jennie's condition suddenly deteriorated. The doctor said that medication could no longer keep her condition under control and she was only left with the option of heart transplant. The doctor also immediately added her name to the heart transplant waiting list. However, 6 months after that day, her name still remained 5th in line among the patients who had the same blood type as her.

In order for her to acquire a suitable heart, the condition required a voluntary organ donor that fit all the criteria to pass away in an accident. Since she was 5th in line, this meant that 5 people that fit all the same criterias needed to perish before she could acquire one.